• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police had closed the A606 between the village nearest the Fosse Way and the Fosse Way itself, leading to a rather bumpy, winding detour along some country lanes before coming out on the other side of said closure

Then there were regular squalls of heavy rain all the way back. I saw some poor sods stuck in a lay-by changing a wheel in the middle of a particularly bad one.

Detour via the shop meant I caught the rush-hour traffic into the city. I found myself idly wondering if the Renault Megane is a particularly difficult car to drive, or if it was just that the driver of the one in front of me at the start of the dual carriageway was particularly incompetent.

I think I resolved this question when the idiot almost drove into the side of me, changing lanes without observation or signals at a junction further up

Other than that, an uneventful trip home

Comment

The incompetence of some drivers is breathtaking.

It's the tailgaters and the middle lane enthusiasts that get my goat.

Coming home from that Birmingham on Xmas day, there was a twat who stayed in the centre lane of an almost empty motorway for mile upon mile.

Can't remember what happened to him in the end coz I turned off onto the M50.

It's very dark on the M50.

So so dark.

As black as pitch in places.

With eyes looking at you out of the darkness with evil in their hearts.

Not a good place to break down.

<shivers>

Comment

In which I was remembering the Marie Wilkes murder of 1988.

Poor lady.

She'd be nearly 50 now.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          He's probably a CUKker and realised he'd be working with you.
          Didn't Suity say he was in Germany?

Comment

Wish they'd put the clocks forward a few more hours, so we can get to four tomorrow afternoon sooner

Comment

Great thing about being a contractor.

Was being messed around by the garage I was getting my new car from. Don't worry I'll just have the mini back....

But you will lose the deposit... So what thats less than what I earnt this morning and its far less than the £2k I will lose as I drive the new car from here...
              Last edited by eek; 1 April 2015, 19:59.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There's a huge amount of snow in Norway - more than I've ever seen anywhere
                Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
                http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
                  There's a huge amount of snow in Norway - more than I've ever seen anywhere
                  It has the reputation of being a rather chilly place.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    It has the reputation of being a rather chilly place.
                    Its fecking freezing
                    Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
                    http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Wish they'd put the clocks forward a few more hours, so we can get to four tomorrow afternoon sooner

Any plans for the long weekend?

Comment

Working...
                      X