• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Shockingly bad service at La Tasca tonight. Waited over an hour and a half for pre-ordered food (a set menu - everyone had the same), then half the dishes never turned up. The dessert (cheesecake) was still frozen when served. But being a friend's 40th, didn't want to make too much fuss and spoil her night.
      Did she get a refund? Certainly hope so.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Well Mr N told me to get myself out of the house yesterday, so I went to the market. The idea was get some stuff in the market, stop at my mates cafe for a cheeky beer/glass of vino and see if the live jazz is any good and then head home.

Got chatting with a fellow burgundy enthusiast, cue three bottles of Pommard later........

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Hope he gets sorted
          Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          <-Very gentle Lizardly hug for Mr N. no s
          Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Hope the Physio gets him functioning correctly.
          Thanks guys!

Certainly hope they do too, he's popping ibuprofen and paracetamol and they are doing nowt for him, poor guy.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Doing slow cooked lamb on the egg, need to prep the egg and the lamb, going to stick some garlic and rosemary in the leg.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Better go and sort out the coals in the egg.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                It's treadle machine with an electric bit added on that makes the treadle redundant.

The electric bit looks like it was designed by Edison.
                My enquiries resulted in a 'yeah, I think that's possible' type response. You're on your own from here

Having said that, there are loads of pictures of vintage manuals online and, I daresay, videos on that YouTube thingy.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Did she get a refund? Certainly hope so.
                  Dunno, I hope so. I left my money and went at 11:30, because I had an hour's drive home. They were still doing cake and stuff.

Comment

Feck me, what a morning.

Washed bedding coz it looked like it was going to be fine.

First mistake.

As I was preparing the veg for lunch, I thought "that's odd, my feet seem to be getting wet, how unusual".

Fecking washing fecking machine is fecking leaking.

Ran through the cycle whilst furiously mopping up water.

Pegged out sheets on line.

Sheets acquire green gunk from lower washing line coz it's been wet.

Ho hum.

Leave sheets out.

Clean up kitchen.

Start the vac frenzy.

Starts raining.

Go get sheets whilst falling over cat.

Bring sheets back in.

Stick two over bannisters.

3rd sheet has been shat on by a bird.

Back in the washing machine despite leak.

Ho fecking hum.

I'm getting a bit fed up with all this.

Comment

Feck me, a fly just drowned itself in my tea.

Comment

Working...
                      X