• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone is counting the number of milliseconds in a cycle of mains & making it 22.5ms.

Didn't know we had 44.44Hz mains.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      I've just been using HyperD's pasta dough recipe... well eggs and flour

Dough resting in the fridge before rolling. I'm making ravs for the first time to justify the purchasing of one of those little mould kits (after one to many glasses of red).
      Are you making one of his recipes and will there be a review?

I use 100g flour to 1 egg and 1 egg yolk.

I had one of those mould kits and found the ravs ended up with lots of air pockets, so I made them by hand next time.

Haven't made ravs or pasta in a while.

I bought one of those pasta rollers for my kitchen aid, its great! Though when I hang the pasta to dry I have to keep an eye on NorPuss I or he'll eat all of it.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Are you making one of his recipes and will there be a review?

I use 100g flour to 1 egg and 1 egg yolk.

I had one of those mould kits and found the ravs ended up with lots of air pockets, so I made them by hand next time.

Haven't made ravs or pasta in a while.

I bought one of those pasta rollers for my kitchen aid, its great! Though when I hang the pasta to dry I have to keep an eye on NorPuss I or he'll eat all of it.
        His recipe is 100g 00 per egg (no additional yolk) and the dough came together easily enough. I was going to do the Lobster cream sauce one but then this mould kit arrived. Maybe if the pasta is a success the lobster dish will make it onto Sunday evening's menu provided I can get to the fishmongers

Tonight will be sausage & ricotta ravs with a tomato based sauce.

How long do you leave the pasta to dry before making ravs or do you go straight from rolling to filling?

Comment

His recipe is 100g 00 per egg (no additional yolk) and the dough came together easily enough. I was going to do the Lobster cream sauce one but then this mould kit arrived. Maybe if the pasta is a success the lobster dish will make it onto Sunday evening's menu provided I can get to the fishmongers

Tonight will be sausage & ricotta ravs with a tomato based sauce.

How long do you leave the pasta to dry before making ravs or do you go straight from rolling to filling?
          Sounds nice.

I add the extra yolk for richness in the dough, I use my magimix to bring it all together.

I go straight from rolling to filling, I only dry it if I'm making tagliatelle or such like, just make sure if you use the moulds, you get the air pockets out.

May make some pasta this weekend and cut sheets for lasagne and freeze them, so I have them to hand when I make it again. I Prefer fresh to the dried sheets, as they never seem to cook properly.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Afternoon!

Good luck Pondy, I hope it goes well. Quite humbling someone using a recipe of mine!

Great pumpkin cocktail norrahe - not sure if I have sorrel cordial though. Might have to improvise. Sorry to hear about Mr N - glad you got the photos. Good one of Mr N and a pigs skull!

I have bought all my bits for tomorrow's spooky dinner: Thai pumpkin soup, pumpkin biryani served in a pumpkin, pumpkin cookies and pumpkin ice cream. I've also got a mini-pumpkin that I will carve into a grotesque image and pop a candle in to scare the hyperMogs and possibly put GF#1 off her biryani.

After the success of my homebrew Hoggsback TEA, I am sourcing grains, malts and hops for some Sierra Nevada Torpedo - 7.2% superhoppy American IPA! I thought I might try and use homebrew with my plan A as part of the wine/beer menu.

I've done another 20 mins work... where did my motivation go?!?!?
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Jobserve is fecking useless. If you do a search in one tab, then in another tab do a different search (e.g. different location), then go back to the first tab and reload it to get updated results, it loads a new set of results for the search in the second tab

It takes quite a bit of effort to screw the web up that badly. Somehow I'm not surprised to see the .aspx extension on their URLs. It's probably something they copied out of some crappy w3schools ASP.NET tutorial from 2000

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Sounds nice.

I add the extra yolk for richness in the dough, I use my magimix to bring it all together.

I go straight from rolling to filling, I only dry it if I'm making tagliatelle or such like, just make sure if you use the moulds, you get the air pockets out.

May make some pasta this weekend and cut sheets for lasagne and freeze them, so I have them to hand when I make it again. I Prefer fresh to the dried sheets, as they never seem to cook properly.
                Ta. I'm hoping that the ricotta will mean less air pockets. This could of course result in bits of sausagemeat and broken pasta squares floating in cheesy bubbling water.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Jobserve is fecking useless. If you do a search in one tab, then in another tab do a different search (e.g. different location), then go back to the first tab and reload it to get updated results, it loads a new set of results for the search in the second tab

It takes quite a bit of effort to screw the web up that badly. Somehow I'm not surprised to see the .aspx extension on their URLs. It's probably something they copied out of some crappy w3schools ASP.NET tutorial from 2000
                  I tended to do a browser refresh and it worked for me
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Ta. I'm hoping that the ricotta will mean less air pockets. This could of course result in bits of sausagemeat and broken pasta squares floating in cheesy bubbling water.
                    Lets hope not, keep us posted on how it goes.

If you're making a tomato sauce I find adding some mascarpone really ups the ante!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I was wondering why jobserve was so quiet, forgot School holidays both here and in blighty.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X