• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Just remembered the fuss over "all these strange new posters with enormous post counts" suddenly appearing Specifically in General, way back when.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Yes, yes you should.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Right, that's quite enough faffing about getting infrastructure and environment stuff set up. I really must write some actual code…

Comment

Just watched an excellent programme from 1969 on BBC iPlayer, How They Dug the Victoria Line

Comment

Hmmm, been investigating deep fryers and might get this one

It's actually cheaper to buy it on amazon.co.uk than bol.com, even with delivery and the exchange rate. Getting fed up trying to keep the temp constant when using a wok.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Wonder how Pondy's ravs worked out.

Were they a watery disaster or did the mould thing actually work.

Inquiring minds want to know and its late and I'm bored

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Great British Railway Journeys. Just visiting Castell Nedd, more familiar to subscribers to the General series 'Fed up now' as Neath. As far as I can see, Portillo has yet to encounter a GAL, Blind Person, Class 150 luxury, psychodoggie, new wall or pending sewer repairs.

It's this kind of half arsed reporting that makes me want to think about maybe writing to the telegraph about perhaps not paying my licence fee.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Wonder how Pondy's ravs worked out.

Were they a watery disaster or did the mould thing actually work.

Inquiring minds want to know and its late and I'm bored
                  ok, fried the sausagemeat including some extra for the sauce. Mixed it with Ricotta, an egg yolk, some sage and nutmeg + S&P. Next to the sauce, saute onion super finely chopped, garlic, bit of chili, slosh of red, carton of pasata, seasoning, remaining cooked sausage meat and left on a low simmer. Next, rolled out the pasta without issue (tips hat to HyperD for the recipe). Rolled it a bit longer/wider than the mould, flour everywhere . Spooned a large tsp of filling into each dent, top on and a good roll with the little rolling pin. 10 out of the 12 just plonked onto the board, final two eased out. Into pot of salted boiling water and on to the next roll. All good thus far. Unfortunately I didn't flour the mould for the 2nd lot and so some were stuck together. Nevermind. Fished out the first lot which were cooked in about 4 mins. popped in the 2nd lot. Added half the sauce to Mrs Ps portion. By then 2nd batch done.
                  I reckon it's a winner. Ravs were tasty and super filling but next time the mould needs checking for bits of stuck pasta and reflouring between batches so might prove too much hassle.

Will definitely make again. The big plus is that the making & rolling of the pasta was way more simple than I recall and so it can only be a good thing.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

where is everyone?

Got to clientco in 45 minutes..

Done timesheet so just need to kill time to 3:30
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X