• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather not.

It took long enough to wash up my pots.

Roast beef.

Not up to usual standard.

Ho hum.

Rice pud was just about right though.

I wanted lamb today, but they didn't have any (of appropriate size).

Comment

Shopping time.

Comment

Well the Blighty contingent of grub club have left to go to the airport.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Most important purchase: 1kg of lentils.

<pfffffffft!>

Comment

Just read a thing on wiki that relates how the septics managed to lose 313 men during an unopposed landing on one of the Aleutian islands during WWII.

Quite remarkable really.

Military history of the Aleutian Islands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Some of those septics were Canadians apparently. Interesting story nevertheless - when a well planned pincer turns into a curcular firing squad.

Comment

. However, when the American forces gave chase, they were immediately slowed by an accidental air strike upon them by an American aircraft.
                However, the Americans suffered significant casualties during their 'invasion' – 313 men died as a result of accidents, with many dying due to accidental fire. Of the total 313 dead, 70 died when the destroyer USS Abner Read struck a mine, while at least 21 died due to friendly fire
                Can't teach an old Dog new tricks. Yehah!

reminds me of an old WWII joke.

When the Germans open fire the British & Americans duck.
                When the British open fire the Germans duck
                When the Americans open fire - EVERYONE DUCKS.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

*yawn*
                  Join IPSE

Comment

Sad news about the Prefab Museum: Fire damage closes the Prefab Museum

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Well the Blighty contingent of grub club have left to go to the airport.
                      And had got the flight time wrong despite double checking...

Bunk and I are now on (different) trains heading towards our respective final destinations.

Thanks all for a great weekend!

Comment

Working...
                      X