• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Ooh, that's a nice cup of tea
    My cup of tea is very nice too.

Even if I say so myself.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      To celebrate my recent achievement of 14 st. I'm currently eating a chocolate biscuit.

Earlier I had a wonderfully lardy sausage roll.
      In fact, I've just celebrated it again with another biscuit.

I shall keep the lardy sausage roll for later.

Comment

I've just come back from a drive in the ZeitFiat.

It was so dirty I had to chip the dirt off before I went.

Drove all the way to the view point above Tower Colliery in the Rhigos.

Had an icecream, then drove all the way back again.

That 30 miles is the furthest it's been in ages.

Comment

Did the regular walk up the canal from Slawit to Marsden with the kids. They get to go to the ice cream shop and then sit on the wall by the weir and watch the ducks whilst i nip into the Riverhead brewery to grab a pint. Sadly, today, it was Marsden jazz festival and the place was heaving. Had to leave them perched on the wall under the watchful eye of a total stranger whilst I went for my lubrication. Another father of the year award in the bag

Comment

Just dug out Racing the Beam: The Atari Video Computer System which I bought in late 2011 but still haven't got around to reading

May amble down to the pub later, and sit in a quiet corner with a pint or more to read it.

Comment

Just dug out Racing the Beam: The Atari Video Computer System which I bought in late 2011 but still haven't got around to reading

May amble down to the pub later, and sit in a quiet corner with a pint or more to read it.
              "Customers who bought this item also bought The ZX Spectrum Ula: How to Design a Microcomputer" - why yes, Amazon, you're absolutely correct: I did. And I still haven't read that, either

Comment

It's 1940's night on telly. Guy Martin making a spitfire from scratch (well, he had a couple of photo's and a carcass dug out from under a froggie beach) followed by U boats at St Nazaire.

Comment

The Atari VCS had 128 bytes of RAM. That was for everything including the stack

Not a lot of recursion on there, then.

Comment

"Customers who bought this item also bought The ZX Spectrum Ula: How to Design a Microcomputer" - why yes, Amazon, you're absolutely correct: I did. And I still haven't read that, either
                    I see there's a book on the Apollo Guidance Computer too.

I assume that one could reverse engineer the Spectrum ULA into a FPGA if you were sad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                      It's 1940's night on telly. Guy Martin making a spitfire from scratch (well, he had a couple of photo's and a carcass dug out from under a froggie beach) followed by U boats at St Nazaire.
                      Thanks, I'd have missed that otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X