• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running at the gym is more than enough for me...no need to go out at a park and do it...people are watching!
    Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
      Running at the gym is more than enough for me...no need to go out at a park and do it...people are watching!
      I used to HATE it completely and utterly, but I enjoy the solo challenge of it nowadays.

@mudskipper - Forgot to add, if it makes you feel better I did the first 3km too quickly and ended up walking for a bit which really pissed me off. Near killed me making up the time

Comment

I find that im fine with it as my mind wanders but as soon as I realise that im running, its all over !
        Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          As it's had to close for the day, I now have confirmation that all the badly-parked vehicles that usually clutter the bottom of the side road are Iceland customers: there are precisely two cars parked there now.

The weird thing is that the store has a good-sized car park, which is always almost empty even as the traffic gets held up by people making multiple attempts to reverse their car into a tiny space by the kerb that saves them approximately ten feet of walking
          These people should be euthenased - i can never understand people who feel the urge to drive to the front door of the shop, and then start looking for the nearest space*. The Sainsburys in Huddersfield is an ideal place to study this behaviour. The car park layout has been designed to make getting to the front door the most difficult thing and yet there are always cars sitting idling in the taxi bit right outside the front door. My non scientific observations have determined a preponderance of well to do asian ladies sitting in mercs and beemers waiting for Mr to go get whatever, or, tradesmen in pickup style vehicles being the culprits.

Whine over. Wine poured. Chin chin.

* blue badge holders are excluded from my hatred in this respect.

Comment

So they charge for parking which you can reclaim on a spend in-store? If so then you'll find most people avoid the car-park because of that or worry over the fine if they spend longer than the designated 1 hour
            No, no charge. It's just that people either don't want to walk an extra few feet, or don't want to wait an extra twenty seconds for a gap in the traffic on the main road when leaving, or both.

Comment

No reason at all
              Good show.

I was getting a bit worried there for a moment.

Comment

ommm...
                Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Morrisons charge a refundable* £ for parking in their carpark Monday to Saturday.

It's free on Sunday, which is the only day I park there.

*If you spend £5 or more.

Comment

Had some lentil (pffffffffffffffffft) soup for lunch.

Had a rather curious concoction for tea, which was liver and onion gravy plus some beef left over from last Sunday, with mash & carrots & peas.

It was a bit odd but quite nice.

The lentil soup was lovely.

Pffffffft.

Comment

Sunday lunch this week will consist of some lamb that festered on the counter for 36 hours, with roasties, mashed spuds, swede, and garden peas.

Sadly the runner beans have, er, run their course.

None left.

Ho hum.

Winter is on its way.

Comment

Working...
                      X