• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck sake, now I've got something in my eye.

Again.

Seems to be happening a lot these days.

Comment

In other news, I bought a new handbag yesterday. My old one (nice Radley bag) broke and I couldn't exchange, so got a refund. My new bag was £4 from the charity shop. Over £150 saved! Can't work out if it's leather - it's certainly doing a fair impression if it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        In other news, I bought a new handbag yesterday. My old one (nice Radley bag) broke and I couldn't exchange, so got a refund. My new bag was £4 from the charity shop. Over £150 saved! Can't work out if it's leather - it's certainly doing a fair impression if it isn't.
        So you got the dosh back from the Radley one?

Am always a tad fussy when it comes to handbags, I need summat that works and isn't some glorified fashion statement.

Don't understand the need for some cavernous bag that you could happily use as an overnight bag.

As a result I've only got two, bought another (many years ago) when one had to be repaired.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          So you got the dosh back from the Radley one?

Am always a tad fussy when it comes to handbags, I need summat that works and isn't some glorified fashion statement.

Don't understand the need for some cavernous bag that you could happily use as an overnight bag.

As a result I've only got two, bought another (many years ago) when one had to be repaired.
          Yep, got the money back. They wouldn't exchange as it was last year's model (identical to this year's apart from the stitching) but I'd bought it in the sale, so they wanted to charge me another £80 for the current version.

Comment

In other news, I seriously need to buy some clothes, it's not good when you have so little you get stuck if summat is in the dry cleaners. I significantly downsized the wardrobe when I moved to cloggers as most of the stuff I didn't fit into any more and never really upscaled it again.

I suppose it stems from the fact that I used to wear suits all the time for work, so never really needed a casual, smart casual or anything else wardrobe.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              In other news, I seriously need to buy some clothes, ...
              Not in cloggers I hope?

Düsseldorf might be worth a trip, or Brussels.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Not in cloggers I hope?

Düsseldorf might be worth a trip, or Brussels.
                Am mulling over whether to take a trip back to blighty and combine it with some decent restaurant visiting.

I might just have a look in the bijenkorf and see if I can get some bits and pieces to tide me over.

I always found Dusseldorf a tad boring, Brugge had some nice shops the last time I was there.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning denizens

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Morning denizens
                    Morning. Summat up?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      Morning. Summat up?
                      http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1959011

Comment

Working...
                      X