• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a new A4 notepad. There's a stationer's shop two minutes walk away. Been putting off going there for about three hours now

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      There was a poster named Fleetwood who was sadly killed in a car accident.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...65-2007-a.html

It's in memory of him that we have which if you rollover says "Fleety Teach"
      Ah!

So any more cooking on the bbq, I did iberico pork fillet which I marinaded in honey, mustard and lemon and very nice it was too!
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

There was a poster named Fleetwood who was sadly killed in a car accident.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...65-2007-a.html

Fleetwood was before my time, but Churchill bumps the thread every so often.

HAB is also commonly believed to have shuffled off this mortal coil, taking at least one sockie with him.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I need a new A4 notepad. There's a stationer's shop two minutes walk away. Been putting off going there for about three hours now
          Send the butler.

Comment

Well there's a thing, I never knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Fleetwood was before my time, but Churchill bumps the thread every so often.

HAB is also commonly believed to have shuffled off this mortal coil, taking at least one sockie with him.
              I was thinking that too, as he was over in blighty for liver treatment of some sort.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Ah!

So any more cooking on the bbq, I did iberico pork fillet which I marinaded in honey, mustard and lemon and very nice it was too!
                Funny you should ask as I've just been granted access on the eggheads forum

Did a pork shoulder joint over the weekend. It was a bit of an experiment TBH and it didn't go entirely to plan. Basically I figured I'd cook as if I was doing it in the oven i.e. blast it with heat to get the crackling going and then leave it going over a tray of cider @ 180 until done.

So I got the egg nice and hot and put the rubbed/scored joint in over indirect at 300C and after 10mins the cracking had started to blister. All good at this point. I (almost) closed the vents to reduce the heat hoping it would drop but the damn thing traps so much heat it didn't drop anywhere near as fast as I'd thought. So after 30mins I wrapped it in foil with a bit more cider in the base and just kept an eye on the thermometer whilst I enjoyed a jug of white sangria in the garden.
                When the joint got to 195 (after about 2hrs total) I pulled it out and left it for half an hour whilst I made mashed potatoes. Removed the skin and scoffed the crunchy bits (not as much as I'd hoped) but the pork pulled apart with a couple of forks quite nicely. Plenty of red smoke colouring came through and it tasted fantastic. I might give up on the crackling or find another method.

Local butcher/sourced 2lb joint for about a fiver. There's a ziploc bag of the shredded remains in the freezer for the next batch of Atomic Buffalo Turds.

Comment

Funny you should ask as I've just been granted access on the eggheads forum

Did a pork shoulder joint over the weekend. It was a bit of an experiment TBH and it didn't go entirely to plan. Basically I figured I'd cook as if I was doing it in the oven i.e. blast it with heat to get the crackling going and then leave it going over a tray of cider @ 180 until done.

So I got the egg nice and hot and put the rubbed/scored joint in over indirect at 300C and after 10mins the cracking had started to blister. All good at this point. I (almost) closed the vents to reduce the heat hoping it would drop but the damn thing traps so much heat it didn't drop anywhere near as fast as I'd thought. So after 30mins I wrapped it in foil with a bit more cider in the base and just kept an eye on the thermometer whilst I enjoyed a jug of white sangria in the garden.
                  When the joint got to 195 (after about 2hrs total) I pulled it out and left it for half an hour whilst I made mashed potatoes. Removed the skin and scoffed the crunchy bits (not as much as I'd hoped) but the pork pulled apart with a couple of forks quite nicely. Plenty of red smoke colouring came through and it tasted fantastic. I might give up on the crackling or find another method.

Local butcher/sourced 2lb joint for about a fiver. There's a ziploc bag of the shredded remains in the freezer for the next batch of Atomic Buffalo Turds.
                  I just got access yesterday as well

The pork fillets I manged to get right on the cast-iron grid. Last time I used that I took the temperature too high, so have found the best temp is about 250c, so the meat stays pretty tender. Looked at the advice on the forum and the suggestion was to put it at 150c and cook for ages!

You could try indirect heat, I've found the skin gets quiet crispy on chicken when cooked indirectly.

You've just reminded me I have some spare crackling in the fridge and some home cured bacon. Over here you have to tell them to leave the skin on, they automatically take it off. I've also noticed they also de-bone lamb, which is annoying.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I pretty much always use indirect now. I haven't done steak yet but I am getting consistent results with Ribs.

Maybe because I had to foil and add liquid I ruined the crackling.

The wireless thermometer was a good buy IMO. Saves opening the lid.

Comment

I pretty much always use indirect now. I haven't done steak yet but I am getting consistent results with Ribs.

Maybe because I had to foil and add liquid I ruined the crackling.

The wireless thermometer was a good buy IMO. Saves opening the lid.
                      Possibly, often steam gets in the way of crisping it up.

I was going to get the thermometer, but it doesn't work for sous-viding stuff as it has the wrong prongs, need to investigate more.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X