• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Still too hot, though I think it's not as bad as yesterday.

The lightning map shows lots of good stuff at the far edge of the Cotswolds, around Cheltenham. Hoping it makes its way here.

Last night's storm appeared to split neatly in two, go around either side of the city with just a little rain in the middle, then join up again to the north

Comment

Meanwhile, in everybody's favourite Democratic People's Republic: Kim Jong Un Provides Field Guidance to Songchongang Net-Weaving Factory and Plastic Tube Shop

EDIT: interestingly, when following the link from here, the site drops the connection; but reload, and the page appears as normal. Has North Korea blocked links from CUK?
      Last edited by NickFitz; 19 July 2014, 14:47.

Comment

Let's try another one: Kim Jong Un Gives Field Guidance to Construction Site of Terminal of Pyongyang Int'l Airport

Yep, definitely blocking incoming links from CUK, presumably using the Referer header

Comment

The storm appears to be pushing vigorously through Hinckley and Nuneaton, following a course that will take it well to the west

Comment

It's gone pretty dark, but as predicted, the storm went straight past and is now laying siege to Derby

And just as I post that, we finally get a bit of thunder. Or it may have been a lorry.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              It's gone pretty dark, but as predicted, the storm went straight past and is now laying siege to Derby

And just as I post that, we finally get a bit of thunder. Or it may have been a lorry.
              Sky darkening and distant rumbles, but no actual rain yet. Much to the cats disappointment. He heard the thunder and went outside to sit on the lawn, looking expectant.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Sky darkening and distant rumbles, but no actual rain yet. Much to the cats disappointment. He heard the thunder and went outside to sit on the lawn, looking expectant.
                "He comes!" *cat awaits feline overlord*

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  "He comes!" *cat awaits feline overlord*
                  More like "it Comes!".

He loves the rain and loves getting wet. He will see it's raining and deliberately go outside and roll in the grass until he's dripping wet and his fur goes all spiky.

Rain has just started and he's out there looking pleased with himself.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

TOO DARN HOT KLAXON

Just been shopping, again. Opened the fridge door and put stuff in as I unpacked, which took maybe a minute, two at most. Checked the fridge thermometer when I was done, and the temperature in there had risen by about five degrees

Comment

The other day, our beloved council sent a letter about renewing my electoral registration, which exhorted me in the strongest possible terms to do so online if I possibly could. I have done for years anyway, and did so again.

Today I received an acknowledgment. In the post

Comment

Working...
                      X