• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS - no more outside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NHS - no more outside IR35

Just received a letter from the NHS trust I have previous contracted directly for, looks like that's the end of that then

I can only assume many other NHS trusts will follow.

Basically says that any new third party or short term engagement made after April the 5th will not be engaged outside of IR35 and deductions will be made for associated Employment taxes and NI via payroll or umbrella arrangment.

This applies to both healthcare workers and non-medical agency workers.

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    Just received a letter from the NHS trust I have previous contracted directly for, looks like that's the end of that then

Basically says that any new third party or short term engagement made after April the 5th will not be engaged outside of IR35 and deductions will be made for associated Employment taxes and NI via payroll or umbrella arrangment.

They are going to have fun filling gaps come April....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      They are going to have fun filling gaps come April....
      My thoughts exactly, although not difficult for non medical to go private but medical staff probably won't have that choice.

Is it going to push wages up as people try to cover the loss?

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post

Interesting. My current NHS client has started to address this today they are looking to engage with each if it's interim's individually. They have also stated they can process invoices received before the 5th April by the 5th which is a nice touch. How it actually pans out is another matter.

Comment

I think the vast majority of NHS organisations will do this. My own is doing case-by-case assessment, but not heard a peep from HR dept for weeks - I can only imagine they think they will do assessment sometime this month or later (unaware that people are leaving anyway). The actual end client continues offering me all sorts of options inside and outside - I keep saying no I have to leave.

Annoyingly there are contractors staying where I am, all in directorship positions, line managing staff, one has been there for 2 years. Makes me look extreme for leaving. I hope they get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by NHS1979 View Post
            I think the vast majority of NHS organisations will do this. My own is doing case-by-case assessment, but not heard a peep from HR dept for weeks - I can only imagine they think they will do assessment sometime this month or later (unaware that people are leaving anyway). The actual end client continues offering me all sorts of options inside and outside - I keep saying no I have to leave.

Annoyingly there are contractors staying where I am, all in directorship positions, line managing staff, one has been there for 2 years. Makes me look extreme for leaving. I hope they get caught.
            They are already caught.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NHS1979 View Post
              Don't forget to point them to this site before you go.

We all like a good laugh...
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

My PSB (Trust) are not interested in determination tools / QDOS etc.......ruled my interim contract inside IR35 and no attempt to retain or consult with me whatsoever. Line manager fully understands my reasons for leaving but is absolutely frantic as they have already tried to recruit a suitably skilled / experienced permanent employee (unsuccessfully twice) and actually wanted to extend my contract.

Agreed to stay until 30th (monies paid before the 5th agreed )but even if they do find a suitable candidate (position not advertised at the moment) it is likely to be a 6 month process to get someone in place.

Seems such a shame

Comment

Originally posted by notahappybunny View Post
                  My PSB (Trust) are not interested in determination tools / QDOS etc.......ruled my interim contract inside IR35 and no attempt to retain or consult with me whatsoever. Line manager fully understands my reasons for leaving but is absolutely frantic as they have already tried to recruit a suitably skilled / experienced permanent employee (unsuccessfully twice) and actually wanted to extend my contract.

Agreed to stay until 30th (monies paid before the 5th agreed )but even if they do find a suitable candidate (position not advertised at the moment) it is likely to be a 6 month process to get someone in place.

Seems such a shame
                  A shame yes, but you haven't caused this problem - you're just reacting to it.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    A shame yes, but you haven't caused this problem - you're just reacting to it.
                    You could argue there are plenty of people sat around the previous poster that have caused this.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X