• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NHS - no more outside IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gables View Post
    In terms of retro grab, the impression I'm getting from these boards is that it's a higher possibility if you're declared inside when previously 'outside' and nothing else has changed. In your case you're outside and still outside so the risk to you hasn't changed from that of HMRC investigating before this stuff, if that makes sense.
    From what I have seen the maturity of the people making the call is lacking to say the least.

So while one could think that retro grabs are likely: having now used the tool, got a stringent out result and gone through the process of compiling the supporting evidence. If HMRC would like to investigate should my department go the other way, I will be more likely to be able to prove I am right and they were wrong.

Of the questions I asked them the other week they couldn't answer any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by NHS1979 View Post
      1) high likelihood current client will declare me outside IR35 to make me stay, + move me to a sister organisation if they have to.
      If the client is prepared to make that determination and put that in writing, then the liability would shift to either the agency (if they aren't lying) or the end client (if they are).

So on that basis, I would consider staying as long as the determination is in writing and confirmed by everyone in advance.
      First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
        From what I have seen the maturity of the people making the call is lacking to say the least.

So while one could think that retro grabs are likely: having now used the tool, got a stringent out result and gone through the process of compiling the supporting evidence. If HMRC would like to investigate should my department go the other way, I will be more likely to be able to prove I am right and they were wrong.

Of the questions I asked them the other week they couldn't answer any of them.
        I would expect that if you're out before and still out of IR35 in April, you'll be at the bottom of the list for investigation.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

From the telegraph this morning:

"And last year Jim Mackey, who earns between £215,000 and £220,000 as head of another watchdog, NHS Improvement, spoke of how he believed there was “a door open” at the Treasury , saying the NHS needed to “get our case together” to get more funds."

More than 600 health quango chiefs on six figure salaries amid cash crisis

https://jumpshare.com/v/Et8z2DADOzCYGTJDFmHo
          https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Working...
          X