• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staying in the same public sector contract after April 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rob s View Post
    From your perspective Andy, will you devolve all judgement to the online test results or work with contractors to justify an outside position?
    The latter.
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
      Unless there are any curveballs in the final legislation we will be ready to go public on Monday 6th Feb.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

We are already picking up contractors that have been direct.
        Andy, please can you elaborate how that changes anything for the contractor?

Comment

The latter.
          A little bit of me wanted to stay and work with my agent on this to see if we could work a win out. It is only a tiny little bit though. Instead I left and haven't looked back since
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
            Good question. AIUI an "at length" relationship is still held to the same rules and the worker is deemed to be caught by IR35. If you employ them the net result is the same, so I fail to see how this would work, other than by simplifying the PS client's decision.

And proving 20-odd thousand PS contractors to be outside IR35 by April is a bit of a stretch. Can you imagine the backlog of appeals...
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

As the draft legislation stands, it does change things for the PS client in terms of risk. The liability falls to the payer. I'd imagine this is going to change though.

Comment

It changes nothing for the contractor. However it changes the liability for the client, i.e. it becomes ours.
                https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

It changes nothing for the contractor. However it changes the liability for the client, i.e. it becomes ours.
                  Do you believe this will change in the final legislation?

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
                    As the draft legislation stands, it does change things for the PS client in terms of risk. The liability falls to the payer. I'd imagine this is going to change though.
                    I understand that, but Andy was saying that S3 were picking up a number of contractors who had been direct and I am trying to understand what benefit that is to the contractor.

Comment

Thanks for replying. So, why do you think contractors are coming to you, rather than stay direct?

Comment

Working...
                      X