• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Staying in the same public sector contract after April 2017

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gaz_M View Post
    Mad panic has set in at my current PS gig. They expect 90% of contractors to leave by February and they have no idea how to deliver the project as a result.

I finish on Feb 3rd
    I'm surprised so many people have noticed and made a decision. I was expecting (and still am) most contractors to sleep walk into this....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      I'm surprised so many people have noticed and made a decision. I was expecting (and still am) most contractors to sleep walk into this....
      I would have been surprised a couple of months ago but even before I left the odd people were listening to our conversations and asking a few basic questions. They were then telling their colleagues. The grapevine was rapidly gaining momentum while I was there so I think the idea people would be oblivious right up to April was a bad call. Now people are leaving it's actually pretty difficult to ignore it now.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There are not many roles on Jobserve that mention IR35, but spotted this one....

Inside IR35 and abysmal day rate
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
          There are not many roles on Jobserve that mention IR35, but spotted this one....

Also they will require you to opt inside ir35

Comment

Another nice example of an untrained agent with no knowledge of his business. How do you opt in to IR35?

Otherwise, probably UKHO. If so , avoid anyway!
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

UKHO and its been advertised for weeks as they try to find any body to fill the 30 gaps their unilateral early implementation created.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                Another nice example of an untrained agent with no knowledge of his business. How do you opt in to IR35?

Otherwise, probably UKHO. If so , avoid anyway!
                I wonder if they will let applicants opt out of AWR as well?

Comment

These small pockets of panic will expand into the inevitable slow-motion carcrash in the first few months of 2017, feeding nicely into plans for an extension into the private sector as soon as possible. It's only fair.

Comment

I'm currently working with a staffing agency (mostly provide temp staff into the NHS) and while they're concerned about what will occur no one is thinking "what will the contractors do?"

Just had a conversation, and they hadn't even considered it...

Question:
                    They employ and pay the contractor (mixture of umbrella, limited and PAYE) and then bill the NHS. Is it that any payment to a contractor after March 2017 must be PAYE, irrelevant when the contractor billed the agency or just work performed after March 2017?

And, when the agency invoices the NHS, does the agency have to ensure that all invoices billed after March 2017 are 'paid' at PAYE or just when the work is performed after March 2017?

Comment

Bearing in mind the technical examples have only just come out do you really expect them to have it sorted?

Comment

Working...
                      X