• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tread very carefully HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tread very carefully HMRC

Removed by user.
    Last edited by webby653; 7 June 2022, 12:13. Reason: Posted during temporary insanity

Originally posted by webby653 View Post
    Let this post and the FOI request be a matter of public record.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/actinium
    But what are you asking them? What response are you expecting? What will you do with that response?

And why exactly should they be careful? Why should they care?

Because as far as I can see that’s not a FOI Request, it’s just a list of dates and words. HMRC don’t have to do anything with that apart from scratch their heads and ask ‘WTF does this mean?’.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      But what are you asking them? What response are you expecting? What will you do with that response?

And why exactly should they be careful? Why should they care?

Because as far as I can see that’s not a FOI Request, it’s just a list of dates and words. HMRC don’t have to do anything with that apart from scratch their heads and ask ‘WTF does this mean?’.
      It also contains personal data so can be binned immediately.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

What an odd thing to do. And then publicise the fact including the loss of any anonymity here. Oh well, takes all sorts, I suppose.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

So it seems this is another person connected to the letters mentioned at https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...ml#post2934231

Which opens the actual question - what did HMRC say in the original letter back in 2005/7 and if you look in your personal tax record are the years open or marked as closed
          Last edited by eek; 5 June 2022, 22:05.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            What an odd thing to do. And then publicise the fact including the loss of any anonymity here. Oh well, takes all sorts, I suppose.
            Odd is an understatment. What a waste of everyone's time that is for absolutely nothing. Talk about embarrasing yourself on a forum of your peers.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Perhaps he's in a state of shock. I could imagine some people losing it getting a brown envelope out of the blue after 15 years of nothing.

Unfortunately, he's in for another shock when he finds out how much late payment interest will have accrued since 2005.
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Wrong type of request.

Think webby653 you meant to make a data subject access request.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Wrong type of request.

Think webby653 you meant to make a data subject access request.
                  That would make more sense. But the request posted doesn't actually contain a question. As far as I can see?
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

That would make more sense. But the request posted doesn't actually contain a question. As far as I can see?
                    It appears to be a rant of some sort.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X