• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchill Knight & Boox clients being investigated as Managed Service Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    I would be very grateful if someone could post a link to the recording of the IPSE forum for 26 May please.
    https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/2u...-Xb_ED7nCxg5U1

Comment

Announcement on CKA portal today. CK are suggesting HMRC are not getting back to them and not answering their questions.

Not sure why they (CK) felt this was news to any of us

Comment

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
        Announcement on CKA portal today. CK are suggesting HMRC are not getting back to them and not answering their questions.

Not sure why they (CK) felt this was news to any of us
        Maybe the team running with it has been sacked again?

Maybe in the current climate the appetite for such arm-chancery is diminishing?

Seems unlikely but we can but hope I spose

Comment

Originally posted by Hareforthebear View Post

Maybe the team running with it has been sacked again?

Maybe in the current climate the appetite for such arm-chancery is diminishing?

Seems unlikely but we can but hope I spose
          It does seem a bit ridiculous when they've still got so many outright tax avoidance schemes to chase down. There must be many tens of thousands of loan scheme enquiries that they haven't concluded, not to mention that there are still new schemes popping up all the time.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

It does seem a bit ridiculous when they've still got so many outright tax avoidance schemes to chase down. There must be many tens of thousands of loan scheme enquiries that they haven't concluded, not to mention that there are still new schemes popping up all the time.
            It does seem like the hector team working on this case have been completely overwhelmed by the number of appeals given the delays in sending out responses to people. They took this work on from a team in Sheffield who were laid off so I presume they also have their own existing work to deal with too. That would make sense given they rushed these poorly written Reg 80 letters out before completing their own fact-finding first. I just hope Boox and CK are able to nip this in the bud and the determinations are cancelled but it's the hope that kills you.....

Comment

Originally posted by rdw1970 View Post

It does seem like the hector team working on this case have been completely overwhelmed by the number of appeals given the delays in sending out responses to people. They took this work on from a team in Sheffield who were laid off so I presume they also have their own existing work to deal with too. That would make sense given they rushed these poorly written Reg 80 letters out before completing their own fact-finding first. I just hope Boox and CK are able to nip this in the bud and the determinations are cancelled but it's the hope that kills you.....
              The hope and the waiting... the waiting...

CK do actually reference HMRC's shock (and an admittance they are swamped) at the overwhelming number of appeals they have received.

Comment

CK do actually reference HMRC's shock (and an admittance they are swamped) at the overwhelming number of appeals they have received.
                They are shocked?!?! Good grief, I know that they have brainwashed themselves into thinking every contractor has hundred of thousands tucked away from all that tax they supposedly haven’t been paying, but did they seriously just think we were all about to cough up whatever they ask without even providing a detailed explanation why our chartered accountants are not actually chartered accountants?!

Honestly, what are they smoking up there on planet marshmallow?!

Comment

Originally posted by rdw1970

When this all kicked off in early April, Boox said "Our professional advisors have meetings agreed with HMRC to review, understand and challenge HMRC’s technical analysis in the most robust way possible". I've heard absolutely nothing from Boox since unless they're only giving updates to existing clients via their portal.
                  Kind of an ironic situation there. It seems highly likely that the existence of their portal is a key reason their clients (or ex clients) are in this mess to begin with
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Just watched the IPSE webinar. I just don't see how I can possibly lose. The HMRC case is just so flawed.

Comment

FFS. They really are fecking hopeless, aren’t they?
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X