• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Churchill Knight & Boox clients being investigated as Managed Service Companies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gikap View Post
    The amount on this latest NIC payments letter sent to my company (and me, as director) is almost as much as for all three years of regulation 80 determinations i have to pay personally. This amounts just keep on adding up left and right. Few more letters and i will have to pay more than my company actually earned as gross income in all these three years. Anxiety is getting real now.
    We hear you, this is a particularly horrible assault on individuals who really thought they were doing the correct thing by having LTD companies. This is a way worse state of affairs than the loan charge IMHO as those of us who were in those did probably realise it was a bit 'fishy'

Anyway it may help you to remember, you SHOULD get all your CT and DT back if you are finally declared a MSC (which I fully expect we will), so you will end up paying just the Employers NIC (quite hefty for sure) and not the PAYE determinations.

You don't have to pay personally [sic] at this point it's a company debt the NIC has been sent to you because you are the director of the company, it's an Employers NIC and you are the employer.

You of course may end up having to pay it personally as the debt transfer on this one is utterly brutal

Comment

Curious post on LinkedIn by Carolyn Walsh about MSCs.. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/you-i...carolyn-walsh/

It's the third rumour (or second repeat of the same story) I've heard that more letters are on the way but the first time someone has put their name to it.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Curious post on LinkedIn by Carolyn Walsh about MSCs.. https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/you-i...carolyn-walsh/

It's the third rumour (or second repeat of the same story) I've heard that more letters are on the way but the first time someone has put their name to it.
        Presumably, another bunch of ambulance chasers?
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

“I can tell you that the telling differences between an MSCP and an accountant are mainly that an MSCP will manage the funds being paid to the worker/director’s company by an agency or client”.

Brilliant. Definitely not an MSCP in relation to my company then.

I would engage this person for help if I had any confidence they had a clue what they’re on about.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

Presumably, another bunch of ambulance chasers?
            Nope firm of accountants trying to score points / customers I think
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Nope firm of accountants trying to score points / customers I think
              Looks like she's a tax consultant working through a PSC.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0...ies-house-data

Regarding rumours about additional targets/MSCPs, I don't see anything in the article about that, but it's nevertheless inevitable...

Comment

I have no luck getting response from Boox or DK to help me submit my appeal. I am running out of time and in case i get no response i will have to submit appeal myself. I have an appeal letter ready but i am struggling to figure out a good way to organise attachments (documents, proofs etc.) in this letter or how to explain which document is suppose to prove what. If anyone can give me any advise i would very much appreciate it.

Comment

I have no luck getting response from Boox or DK to help me submit my appeal. I am running out of time and in case i get no response i will have to submit appeal myself. I have an appeal letter ready but i am struggling to figure out a good way to organise attachments (documents, proofs etc.) in this letter or how to explain which document is suppose to prove what. If anyone can give me any advise i would very much appreciate it.
                  I wouldn’t spend too much time on this unless you have a case-killer. It’ll end up being filed away and you’ll end up having to send the info (plus a whole lot more) again

just get the appeal in!! (You can add additional “grounds for appeal” later in any case)

Comment

Eek that article doesn't mention 'more letters' .... does it?

Comment

You don't need to submit evidence at this stage, and indeed it's not particularly advisable to do so. Keep it short and sweet.

You need to say you appeal, you want the charges stood over pending outcome and briefly state your grounds for appeal. You do not need to explain your grounds in much detail, just a few bullet points will do.

Comment

Working...
                      X