• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestions for Tax advisors that can help newcomer posters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions for Tax advisors that can help newcomer posters

Given that half the posts in https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...egal-fees.html are attacks (without evidence) on Big Group / WTT could people please suggest other companies that new posters could be directed towards.

This post is so Saleos, luxCon, starstuck and co can clearly provide the names I've spent most of that thread asking them to provide while they accuse me of being paid by WTT...

Names so far

Cobham Murphy (John Green)
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2837264
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2837409

Gilbert Tax
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2837383

Matt Hall removed (at his own request) as he hasn't got the time.
    Last edited by eek; 4 December 2020, 09:53. Reason: Added first list of recommendations
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Indeed - the more, the merrier.

Be aware that if they're not what they say they are, we will find out soon enough and I won't be removing bad reviews without making a lot of fuss...

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
    eek as you own the opening post perhaps you could add the list there, to save people having to read through loads of pages:

I believe so far we have:

Cobham Murphy (John Green)
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2837264

Gilbert Tax
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2837383
    Last edited by cojak; 3 December 2020, 20:14. Reason: Added tax advisors
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Given that half the posts in https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...egal-fees.html

This post is so Saleos, luxCon, starstuck and co can clearly provide the names I've spent most of that thread asking them to provide while they accuse me of being paid by WTT...
      Just because I am named above, I'll add my thoughts, not to get into an argument or a dialogue. And for the record, I had not accused you of being paid by or otherwise connected WTT. So you may wish to retract that accusation. You seem to find enjoyment in winding up people and creating arguments, but thats another matter.

To be clear I have never used any Tax Advisor and cannot recommend any. I never thought any tax adviser could provide help on my personal level with either settlement, or challenging my APNs or LC that I could not do myself, and have been proven right over and over saving myself thousands o=in fees and VAT to HMRC in the process.

I have contributed to 4 Litigations that I believed in because I believe in collective power of seeking justice through courts that I or anyone by myself cannot achieve alone.

I, on a personal level 100% believe in Hoey's progress through the courts as it DIRECTLY benefits me as a pre-2011 EBT user with outstanding open years. I 100% can see this is a genuine case that has solid proven background, with solid achievement so far.

I therefore believe in Saleos to continue with his role on this case as he has been an advisor and a contributor and am happy to financially support this case further if needed. I do not have other cause to seek professional advice from Saleos on other personal matters.

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
        Just because I am named above, I'll add my thoughts, not to get into an argument or a dialogue. And for the record, I had not accused you of being paid by or otherwise connected WTT. So you may wish to retract that accusation. You seem to find enjoyment in winding up people and creating arguments, but thats another matter.

To be clear I have never used any Tax Advisor and cannot recommend any. I never thought any tax adviser could provide help on my personal level with either settlement, or challenging my APNs or LC that I could not do myself, and have been proven right over and over saving myself thousands o=in fees and VAT to HMRC in the process.

I have contributed to 4 Litigations that I believed in because I believe in collective power of seeking justice through courts that I or anyone by myself cannot achieve alone.

I, on a personal level 100% believe in Hoey's progress through the courts as it DIRECTLY benefits me as a pre-2011 EBT user with outstanding open years. I 100% can see this is a genuine case that has solid proven background, with solid achievement so far.

I therefore believe in Saleos to continue with his role on this case as he has been an advisor and a contributor and am happy to financially support this case further if needed. I do not have other cause to seek professional advice from Saleos on other personal matters.
        So Saleos is a tax advisor but hasn't been up front about it.

However beyond that useful fact this thread was set up with a very clear intent - you don't want us to point people at WTT so either suggest other names or stop complaining about us pointing people at the only people we know about (and can, vaguely, trust).
        Last edited by eek; 3 December 2020, 11:38.

Comment

As a tax advisor, WTT are probably fine for general loan scheme related matters.

But beating HMRC in court is an entirely different ball game.

Everything strategy-wise that webberg has talked about on these forums, over the past 5 years, is exactly what is now being played out in Hoey.

Do I believe WTT have a different legal angle to Hoey? No

Which is why I believe the fate of BG members rests on Hoey.
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
            As a tax advisor, WTT are probably fine for general loan scheme related matters.

But beating HMRC in court is an entirely different ball game.

Everything strategy-wise that webberg has talked about on these forums, over the past 5 years, is exactly what is now being played out in Hoey.

Do I believe he has a different legal angle to Hoey? No

Which is why I believe the fate of BG members rests on Hoey.
            This isn't a thread about Hoey - once again

As some posters don't want us to point people at WTT please suggest other names or stop complaining about us pointing people at the only people we know about (and can, vaguely, trust).

Comment

Given that half the posts in https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...egal-fees.html are attacks (without evidence) on Big Group / WTT could people please suggest other companies that new posters could be directed towards.

Sigh ... this is so tedious, I've answered this so many times on the other thread.

1) I am unable to recommend a tax advisor; because if I recommend someone it will be because I had a positive experience with them personally.
              1) I would NOT recommend WTT/BG because I personally had a negative experience.
              2) I would NOT recommend Phil Manley because I personally had a negative experience.

So my experience is to not rely on recommendations from this forum, from people who quite frankly could be anyone (as am I).

The fact that I am unable to recommend an advisor, does not mean that I am not allowed to challenge your continued recommendation of WTT/BG, who I do have experience off.

If it was me that needed an advisor and based on the bad experience I've had to date with the ones here, I think I would start with the law firm who did our house sale; very helpful, I would ask them if they could make a recommendation. I would ask friends and family, people I know. I would pop across the street and talk to our neighbour who is a barrister, I would basically do some research outside of this forum. I personally would rather someone advised for me to do that than recommend someone who's going to just rip me off.

Comment

So Saleos is a tax advisor but hasn't been up front about it.
                eek, Do you find at times when no one is around you argue with yourself? After all, you seem to have opinions about anything and everything, and have never seen you introduce yourself as a professional. Although I strongly suspect you are a Accountancy professional.

But does it matter to me? No

A lot of people who been here a while know exactly who Saleos is. I cant speak on his behalf, but as a forum user I just don't get why you're so bothered he hasn't been upfront about it!

Since 2013, in 7 years, he has only made 77 post, 10 of them in the last 3 days. That compares to you 26,400 posts since 2010.

So I am guessing he is not here to sell anything, nor tell others what to do. And he sounds like he knows more about litigation than you do. So why should he be upfront about anything. But take that up with him direct if you still bothered.

Eek, On a different note try and see the good in things, Its easier on all involved. As you like to be involved with everything ultimately it'll be easier on you too. Try and see the good

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
                  Sigh ... this is so tedious, I've answered this so many times on the other thread.

1) I am unable to recommend a tax advisor; because if I recommend someone it will be because I had a positive experience with them personally.
                  1) I would NOT recommend WTT/BG because I personally had a negative experience.
                  2) I would NOT recommend Phil Manley because I personally had a negative experience.

So my experience is to not rely on recommendations from this forum, from people who quite frankly could be anyone (as am I).

The fact that I am unable to recommend an advisor, does not mean that I am not allowed to challenge your continued recommendation of WTT/BG, who I do have experience off.

If it was me that needed an advisor and based on the bad experience I've had to date with the ones here, I think I would start with the law firm who did our house sale; very helpful, I would ask them if they could make a recommendation. I would ask friends and family, people I know. I would pop across the street and talk to our neighbour who is a barrister, I would basically do some research outside of this forum. I personally would rather someone advised for me to do that than recommend someone who's going to just rip me off.
                  So how many of those people you suggest talking to would be any use in pointing a poster at someone who could actually help them?

As I've continually said it's not great news that you had problems with WTT but you are not exactly answering the question I've been asking which is if you think they are so bad give us a few other names we can recommend....

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
                    eek, Do you find at times when no one is around you argue with yourself? After all, you seem to have opinions about anything and everything, and have never seen you introduce yourself as a professional. Although I strongly suspect you are a Accountancy professional.

But does it matter to me? No

A lot of people who been here a while know exactly who Saleos is. I cant speak on his behalf, but as a forum user I just don't get why you're so bothered he hasn't been upfront about it!

Since 2013, in 7 years, he has only made 77 post, 10 of them in the last 3 days. That compares to you 26,400 posts since 2010.

So I am guessing he is not here to sell anything, nor tell others what to do. And he sounds like he knows more about litigation than you do. So why should he be upfront about anything. But take that up with him direct if you still bothered.

Eek, On a different note try and see the good in things, Its easier on all involved. As you like to be involved with everything ultimately it'll be easier on you too. Try and see the good
                    So instead of answering the question you attack the person asking it...

But I do think we have an answer to my question at long last - all of you dislike WTT and would prefer we didn't refer people to them but cannot name 1 other company or advisor you can suggest we refer people to instead.
                    Last edited by eek; 3 December 2020, 12:56.

Comment

Working...
                    X