• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestions for Tax advisors that can help newcomer posters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
    As mentioned above, for the HMRC Enquiries that we tend to get on this forum there are no wholesale Tax Advisor that can achieve above and beyond. Its already been demonstrated by Etc Tax, PManley and WTT.

You have to pay what is demanded of you in LC and APN, OR join a Litigation.

Thats why I mentioned the current leading litigation that benefits pre-2011 Unsettled Open years that will defend the user against HMRC.
    But the loan charge is now gone and the odds of a new poster arriving here with a pre-2011 unsettled open year has to be minimal.

And I'm not expecting above or beyond anything - so let's highlight the story we continually see

1) New poster get's a letter from HMRC saying their umbrella company has been operating a loan scheme -
    2) they phone the umbrella company up who deny all knowledge / claim that giving loans out is perfectly legal and not to worry.
    3) However, they don't 100% trust the umbrella so they search google, this forum appears in the results and they ask a question

And repeat the question again

Who do YOU want us to suggest these people go and talk to who will spend 30 minutes or so telling them that they actually do have a problem and that their umbrella company is telling them a pack of lies. As the only person we can refer them to is WTT and you have all taken a vicious exception to us doing so...

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      But the loan charge is now gone and the odds of a new poster arriving here with a pre-2011 unsettled open year has to be minimal.

And I'm not expecting above or beyond anything - so let's highlight the story we continually see

1) New poster get's a letter from HMRC saying their umbrella company has been operating a loan scheme -
      2) they phone the umbrella company up who deny all knowledge / claim that giving loans out is perfectly legal and not to worry.
      3) However, they don't 100% trust the umbrella so they search google, this forum appears in the results and they ask a question

Who do YOU want us to suggest these people go and talk to who will spend 30 minutes or so telling them that they actually do have a problem and that their umbrella company is telling them a pack of lies. As the only person we can refer them to is WTT and you have all taken a vicious exception to us doing so...

I will tell this new poster to save £2,000 + VAT, and settle with HMRC paying what should be due taxes as its post 2017 with little interest and no penalties

Not sure if any professional can make the letter go away

Gone are the days that some advisers had direct line in to the HMRC and could negotiate a deal for a lesser amount. As you well know HMRC's stance is now pay up and pay up all.

To be fair now, anyone now getting caught out should pay the taxes due are the legislations are well defined and bedded in.

However for the earlier years, to date there were no solid legislations to say otherwise say for 2010 and before
      Last edited by luxCon; 3 December 2020, 14:24. Reason: spell

Comment

I will tell this new poster to save £2,000 + VAT, and settle with HMRC paying what should be due taxes as its post 2017 with little interest and no penalties
        So are you agreeing to do that?
        Last edited by eek; 3 December 2020, 14:28.

Comment

Thank you I await you responding to all future new posters...
          And I'll promise to waive the joining fee of @1,500 and not ask them for a monthly subscription plus VAT

Comment

If that's all they are after, then WTT are fine.

But I would add:

Just be wary of getting drawn into the BIG GROUP action.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

And I'll promise to waive the joining fee of @1,500 and not ask them for a monthly subscription plus VAT
              I await you answering all the requests

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
                I would speak to Matt Hall ( aka Saleos who said he was advising the Hoey case quite clearly ) or Gordon Berry before I would speak to WTT.

I have my differences with them over their attempts to divert and/or co-opt LCAG strategy but as people who actually know the tax law in this area I think they would be my first choice.

WTT aren't an awful option tax knowledge wise, just kind of limp lettuce.
                Let's wait and see if Saleos will actually commit to doing what you've suggested he will do. Which is offering a free 30 minute introductory call explaining to people that the umbrella they've had a letter from HMRC about was really a tax avoidance scheme.

I have zero problems with him throwing a little promotion for his umbrella company (or tax advice service) in the same introduction call.
                Last edited by eek; 3 December 2020, 14:57.

Comment

I've no dog in this fight, but I'd suggest they contact WTT for the free consultation but specifically ask WTT if the outcome of the Hoey case will impact (positively or negatively) their own proposed approach/challenge. They should be able to answer this without giving away any secrets they only give to their paying customers.

Comment

Let's wait and see if Saleos will actually commit to doing what you've suggested he will do. Which is to spend 30 minutes explaining to people that the umbrella the were a member of was using a tax avoidance scheme.

He can throw a little promotion for his umbrella company (and tax advice service) in the same introduction call.
                    I have not suggested anything like that. What an utterly pathetic response. You asked for names of other tax advisors who could help and I have. How that conversation goes is up to the parties actually involved. You really have too much time on your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
                      I have not suggested anything like that. What an utterly pathetic response. You asked for names of other tax advisors who could help and I have. How that conversation goes is up to the parties actually involved. You really have too much time on your hands.
                      You suggested the name of someone who posts here and who happens to own an umbrella company - which means he has the perfect profile for the type of people who are currently visiting this site with new letters from HMRC about their "umbrella" company..

Let's see if he is willing to actually help people and not the sort of person I believe he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X