• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suggestions for Tax advisors that can help newcomer posters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    So Saleos is a tax advisor but hasn't been up front about it.

However beyond that useful fact this thread was set up with a very clear intent - you don't want us to point people at WTT so either suggest other names or stop complaining about us pointing people at the only people we know about (and can, vaguely, trust).
    You may trust WTT.

I do not. I think they are taking people for a ride, peddling snake oil and smoke & mirrors.

Only time will tell which one of us is right.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      You may trust WTT.

I do not. I think they are taking people for a ride, peddling snake oil and smoke & mirrors.

Only time will tell which one of us is right.
      Being blunt - I don't trust any of them but that really isn't the issue here - so let's be very explicit in my question...

New poster get's a letter from HMRC saying their umbrella company has been operating a loan scheme - given that none of you answer such questions (and aren't going to) and that you all have a hatred of WTT exactly who else can we point people at.

It's fine saying don't use WTT but this forums previous options have over the years featured WTT (who everyone else hates) Phil Manley (MIA) and ETC (really not going there). So we could do with some suggestions / recommendations of other names.

Or should we have a sticky on the top of the forum that goes

So you've accidentally joined a loan scheme and HMRC have sent you a letter asking for money.

Good luck - no one is going to post to help you and we can't recommend anyone
      because the first thing these posters do is go back to their umbrella who deny all knowledge and you really do need to point these people at someone who can explain what has happened.
      Last edited by eek; 3 December 2020, 13:15.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

This isn't going well. Eek is asking for recomendations. If you wish to flame WTT or promote Hoey, can you please do it elsewhere. This isn't helping anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Being blunt - I don't trust any of them but that really isn't the issue here - so let's be very explicit in my question...

New poster get's a letter from HMRC saying their umbrella company has been operating a loan scheme - given that none of you answer such questions (and aren't going to) and that you all have a hatred of WTT exactly who else can we point people at.
          From my own experience, and I'm affected by LoanCharge and pre-2011 enquiries and APNs, there would NOT have been anyone who could have helped me in anyway. I recognised that no advisor had a magic wand and I'll be throwing good money after bad.

The issue is that WTT sold various strategies that gave impression of some sort of positive end-user resolution. At the end of it all those who subscribed to BG/WTT are in no better position that I am. If you are caught by LC, you have to pay it, If you have an OPEN YEAR, you have to join a litigation, If you want to settle you can calculate your settlement liabilities in a couple of hours without paying someone £2,000 plus VAT.

I recognised these and decided not give money to 'professionals' in order to be allowed to dream that it be OK.

FACT is that those who joined WTT with the understanding of some sort of beneficial resolution are in no better place than what Hoey's team has achieved, and he is miles and miles in front of WTT/BG.

Still remains valid :

If you are pre-2011 DR with APNs and OPEN YEARS, you are 1,000% better off backing Hoey's fight and take it to the courts than anything else that anyone else currently is promising.

Anyone here who wants to challenge above in my opinion has other agendas

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
            From my own experience, and I'm affected by LoanCharge and pre-2011 enquiries and APNs, there would NOT have been anyone who could have helped me in anyway. I recognised that no advisor had a magic wand and I'll be throwing good money after bad.

The issue is that WTT sold various strategies that gave impression of some sort of positive end-user resolution. At the end of it all those who subscribed to BG/WTT are in no better position that I am. If you are caught by LC, you have to pay it, If you have an OPEN YEAR, you have to join a litigation, If you want to settle you can calculate your settlement liabilities in a couple of hours without paying someone £2,000 plus VAT.

I recognised these and decided not give money to 'professionals' in order to be allowed to dream that it be OK.

FACT is that those who joined WTT with the understanding of some sort of beneficial resolution are in no better place than what Hoey's team has achieved, and he is miles and miles in front of WTT/BG.

Still remains valid :

If you are pre-2011 DR with APNs and OPEN YEARS, you are 1,000% better off backing Hoey's fight and take it to the courts than anything else that anyone else currently is promising.

Anyone here who wants to challenge above in my opinion has other agendas
            ...and do you have a suggestion for a tax advisor? (The whole point of this thread.)
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              ...and do you have a suggestion for a tax advisor? (The whole point of this thread.)
              The opening post hardly set the tone, suggest you close this thread too, though a thread recommending tax advisors would be useful I'm sure.

Comment

As mentioned above, for the HMRC Enquiries that we tend to get on this forum there are no wholesale Tax Advisor that can achieve above and beyond. Its already been demonstrated by Etc Tax, PManley and WTT.

You have to pay what is demanded of you in LC and APN, OR join a Litigation.

Thats why I mentioned the current leading litigation that benefits pre-2011 Unsettled Open years that will defend the user against HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by blackfriar View Post
                  The opening post hardly set the tone, suggest you close this thread too, though a thread recommending tax advisors would be useful I'm sure.
                  Why - all it does is explicitly name people who have taken a dislike to me suggest to poster that they should speak to WTT but refused to answer my previous request to suggest other suitable people / starting points.

Once we have a set of names this thread will die and I'm sure a proper sticky with a list of companies to talk to will be added to the top of the forum.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It depends what you want the advisor for.

a) general advice about an HMRC enquiry, settling with HMRC, dealing with scammers demanding loan repayments

OR

b) defeating HMRC in court so you don't have to pay tax on the loans

-------------------

I have no issue with WTT when it comes to (a).

But I'm extremely sceptical about what they are offering for (b).
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I would speak to Matt Hall ( aka Saleos who said he was advising the Hoey case quite clearly ) or Gordon Berry before I would speak to WTT.

I have my differences with them over their attempts to divert and/or co-opt LCAG strategy but as people who actually know the tax law in this area I think they would be my first choice.

WTT aren't an awful option tax knowledge wise, just kind of limp lettuce.

Comment

Working...
                      X