• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanJackiels View Post

two letters...

one is notice of assignment:
    Felicitas solutions ltd have entered into deed of assignment with West 28th street ltd, under which Felicitas have beneficially and legally assigned all actions, claims, rights and demands against me. this notice and and any non contractual activity in relation to this notice are governed by english law.

other letter is then outlaying what i originally 'borrowed' and i should email no later than Dec 1st with my payment details. if i'm willing to repay 50% of original amount in monthly payments over 5 years..if a satisfactory response is not received you should expect to hear from our solicitors and all further correspondence will be with said solicitors.
    Ok thanks. So yes exactly the same as before.

It depends on you how you go from here really. The fact they keep coming back shows they were successful last time in their raid, sadly I think I amongst others have funded this next raid. However again it depends on you and your personality and situation how you deal with this.

FWIW the debt collectors look as classy as the previous incumbents one look at their website will tell you all you need to know. Then have a look a debt collectors like Cabot, Advantis, LCS (HMRC approved debt collectors) and you realise then this is another 'cheaply funded as possible' raid.

Speculative possibly, genuine possibly. Up to you from here on in, the fact they are going for 50% now shows either a level of desperation or confidence.

I settled, others wiped their backsides with the demands, others sought legal advice all of those outcomes provided relief for those individuals. There are no cases of F winning anything in court, they don't need to they win by frightening and playing on emotions.

Comment

WTT posted this on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/posts/graha...3302603778-BdQ

he says you need to reject the demand so I would suggest doing just that rather than ignoring it
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        WTT posted this on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/posts/graha...3302603778-BdQ

he says you need to reject the demand so I would suggest doing just that rather than ignoring it

Hi EEK, Link doesn't seem to working

Comment

Hi I have also received this pair of letters for a short spell contracting. is there anyone that can recommend appropriate legal advice as i cannot possibly afford to pay and also don't believe this debt is genuine as i earned this money and settled with HMRC anyway as HMRC believed it was not a loan. any hints or tips gratefully appreciated.

Comment

I received the same two letters from West 28th, asking to settle 50%, and the Notice of Assignment. I have chosen to ignore these letters in the past with the exception of the very first time they started 2 years ago. I opted to pay back the deeds of the loan at £6000, which was supposed to be the end of it - my mistake I know. The letters keep on coming. If it gets serious, can I argue that the deeds of the loan are no longer relevant? I genuinely do not know. I suspect that I just gave a criminal outfit £6000. I get the impression West 28th are chancers and should not be chasing anyone for anything.

In the meantime, I am paying the HMRC back at £205.11 per month for 5 years (mostly paid off now), which I understand to be the critical issue - keeping the HMRC happy.

If anyone has more thoughts or insight into managing West 28th, I'd love to hear it.

Comment

Try this link

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/graha...ium=member_ios
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Hello eek,

Any advise on a response to reject the demand. I think we may have done this a few years ago too?

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Kblack101 View Post
                  Hi I have also received this pair of letters for a short spell contracting. is there anyone that can recommend appropriate legal advice as i cannot possibly afford to pay and also don't believe this debt is genuine as i earned this money and settled with HMRC anyway as HMRC believed it was not a loan. any hints or tips gratefully appreciated.
                  Refer to eek's link to a LinkedIn article by Graham Webber of WTT. Have a read of that and decide whether to approach WTT for support. I have no idea if they still do, but they used to offer a free no obligation phone conversation prior to any chargeable work. I have no connection WTT, other sources of assistance may be available etc...
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

As it's been recommended to dispute the debt which I absolutely do as I settled this as income with HMRC does anyone have or is going to prepare a template for such a letter please?

Comment

If you look on companies House and search for Felicitas Solutions - They have had a notice on the Gazzette 01\11\22 of being struck off within the next 2 months. Looks like they are trying there luck before they are struck off!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X