• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

It's accurate, however, there is little point paying any money if Felicitas don't have the authority and right to pay off the loan...
    It may be accurate and from what I hear and believe, EL and WTT are basing their entire cases on the legality of the owning of the debts. Something we've all said many times.

However it does not stop people being physically ill and suffering terrible times (me included) this is why the post is flippant.

I have been in the 'don't pay debt companies anything until you assess the validity of the claim', brigade in debt disputes, won't stop me or anyone involved in this debt or any debt at all being worried.

It was flippant.

Comment

Rightly or wrongly, there are some out there who are finding this all extremely stressful and worrying. If you allegedly owe £20k, well bollocks to them, how bad can it be, however, if someone is being chased for numbers running into hundreds of thousands, then I can completely understand why they would worry.

We're all more or less in agreement here that this is nothing more than a shakedown, however, lets just play devils advocate for a minute.......what if they did go and court ? Likelihood is they never will, as that costs money and their claim is flawed in so many areas. They also know that "IF" they did win, then it would be appealed straight away by the likes of WTT one would assume, so on it goes.

However, courts make some very strange decisions at times.

Remember, for the people chasing for money, this is nothing more than a simple debt dispute. They don't care less about trusts or any of that, they just claim that they "paid" a sum (which for very suspicious reasons is redacted) for an alleged loan book.......that's the end of their argument. Arguing the validity of whether or not they legally own this mythical "loan" book or not is only one half of the argument, as they will claim they have a legal deed of transfer (take that as you will).

Lets assume they do actually have the right, then it moves onto whether or not the paperwork they hold in relation to an individual is strong and robust enough to actually prove that any debt exists. That to me is probably more difficult a case than the ownership issue, as there's so many holes in docs I've seen it's a joke. I've seen Women referred to as Men, I've seen dates that don't add up, I've seen incorrect numbers, and more often than not I've seen no documentation at all, just an extremely loose claim, without anything to back it up at all, which is farcical.

In a nutshell, I can see both sides of the worry or don't worry argument, it all comes down to someone's personal situation. If you've got a chunk in the bank and they're after 20k, then why worry, worse case in the world you're 20k down. If you've not got that money and someone is asking for 100k, then it's natural to be a bit concerned I'd say.

All personal opinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
        Rightly or wrongly, there are some out there who are finding this all extremely stressful and worrying. If you allegedly owe £20k, well bollocks to them, how bad can it be, however, if someone is being chased for numbers running into hundreds of thousands, then I can completely understand why they would worry.

We're all more or less in agreement here that this is nothing more than a shakedown, however, lets just play devils advocate for a minute.......what if they did go and court ? Likelihood is they never will, as that costs money and their claim is flawed in so many areas. They also know that "IF" they did win, then it would be appealed straight away by the likes of WTT one would assume, so on it goes.

However, courts make some very strange decisions at times.

Remember, for the people chasing for money, this is nothing more than a simple debt dispute. They don't care less about trusts or any of that, they just claim that they "paid" a sum (which for very suspicious reasons is redacted) for an alleged loan book.......that's the end of their argument. Arguing the validity of whether or not they legally own this mythical "loan" book or not is only one half of the argument, as they will claim they have a legal deed of transfer (take that as you will).

Lets assume they do actually have the right, then it moves onto whether or not the paperwork they hold in relation to an individual is strong and robust enough to actually prove that any debt exists. That to me is probably more difficult a case than the ownership issue, as there's so many holes in docs I've seen it's a joke. I've seen Women referred to as Men, I've seen dates that don't add up, I've seen incorrect numbers, and more often than not I've seen no documentation at all, just an extremely loose claim, without anything to back it up at all, which is farcical.

In a nutshell, I can see both sides of the worry or don't worry argument, it all comes down to someone's personal situation. If you've got a chunk in the bank and they're after 20k, then why worry, worse case in the world you're 20k down. If you've not got that money and someone is asking for 100k, then it's natural to be a bit concerned I'd say.

All personal opinion of course.
        Good shout you always speak with great wisdom>

I will offer up this though, the world of debt dispute and companies licensed to collect etc., is not so straight forward as we may think. There are times when the company collecting are under no obligation to provide any information other than their licence and the end client. None of us on this forum are experts in debt collection methodology, I suspect EL and WTT are not either (I would hope they do have experts to consult though).

And yes the paper trail, emails, portals which come to the individual may well be inconsistent but from someone who has seen documentation they have provided to one of the firms involved in the fight they seem way more organised and prepared than we are giving any credit for.

I will leave this topic alone now, I settled I make no secret of that my advice is IF you settle make sure the settlement is way more water tight than the one being offered.

I agree with SuperFly here signed by a director and with the words No more to pay and written off etc., is not enough.

Good luck all whatever you decide.

Comment

What would be watertight?

Comment

Watertight might be quite a stretch, however for anyone considering settling (for whatever reason that may be), a solicitor will at least close as many of the potential risks as possible.

FWIW, and this is 100% my opinion and nothing more, but I don't see anyone coming back for a second bite. This is a smash and grab raid for as much as possible with the lowest outlay. Whether that eventually involves any form of court action I have no idea, but once they've wrung all they can from this, I personally believe one way or another that will be the end of it.

Lets just say for a minute that F moved on and another outfit claimed they had purchased the book and started chasing.........there's not a single person on this planet that would pay them. The reason being, if the original crowd couldn't prove ownership etc (and it's very much in their interests to do so), then neither can anyone else, so the game would be over.

Like I say, this is based on nothing more than my thinking, so please don't base your own decisions on my ramblings.

Comment

Originally posted by Synn View Post
              My £775 offer was based on IQ Contracts, IQ Consulting and Infinity
              Same for me.

Comment

Has anyone contacted them or taken up their offer or considering it?

Comment

I'm trying to get some legal advice before I do anything. I think we all agree it's a cashgrab, but based on the offer, I'm trying to get advice to the legitamacy of the potential offer and outcomes from either responding or ignoring.

Comment

All very quiet on here.......

Comment

Did anyone else receive the desperate text?

Further 24 hr extension on your last chance to take advantage of an offer we will never repeat. Settle now.

Comment

Working...
                      X