• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure yet.
    It is of similar tone to all the previous demands all had different demand amounts. This is not a SD demand. Only this time with out any "% offer".
    I will take advice tomorrow as they send these out on a Saturday reducing the response time.
    Sounds like another scare tactic.

Comment

On the one I saw, an extract from the alleged agreement says repayment with one months notice, But Felicitas dated the letter Aug 10th, only sent it on Aug 14th, and demanded it be paid by Aug 20th.

The whole thing is pure amateur hour.

I believe it's going to take a judge in a court to make a majority of people part with a copper coin, and Felicitas know that.
      Last edited by MrO666; 15 August 2021, 10:19.

Comment

I've also received an email and sms. I've previously disputed it but I'm not sure if I should ignore or reply? I won't be paying though. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Comment

Seems like they might be attempting to 2 path option to see which works. I too received the £425 Admin Fee offer. Considerably less than 1.5% of my loan and obviously designed to be attractive on that basis. Seems like a last throw of the dice in my opinion so I am very likely to ignore it. If I was sure it might get rid of them it might be worth considering it but I am not sure we can believe a word they type

Comment

I've ignored everything from Felicitas so far, and I got the SMS and email this weekend. Mine was a £775 admin fee to make them go away.... IF the payment is made, does anyone know what the wider implications would be, especially towards HMRC and the LC?

Comment

Originally posted by Synn View Post
              I've ignored everything from Felicitas so far, and I got the SMS and email this weekend. Mine was a £775 admin fee to make them go away.... IF the payment is made, does anyone know what the wider implications would be, especially towards HMRC and the LC?
              None whatsoever?
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

None whatsoever?
                Wasn't sure if it somehow legitimised the loans or had IHT or further tax implications? I just want the threats and the additional stress gone

Comment

Wasn't sure if it somehow legitimised the loans or had IHT or further tax implications? I just want the threats and the additional stress gone
                  I know what you mean, it's wearing me down!!

Comment

Same as me. 775 quid offer. It’s about 0.5% of the value of loans they state. I’d pay it if I thought it was end to all of this. But as I’ve ignored all previous correspondence there is a certain nervousness that engagement now will lead to further demands. (No reason bar emotion for that feeling)
                    It almost feels too good to be true ?

Comment

For all the tax questions above speak to WTT, yes I know that's not what anyone will want to hear but they are really the only people able to give you sane advice.

From Memory none of you loans ( except jackdaniels) sound big enough to trigger anything else regarding iht issues but I don't 100% know
                      Last edited by eek; 16 August 2021, 06:44.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X