• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post

Not really sure what your solicitor has done for you?

There are parts of your post which are interesting 'a no order' can you explain please?

It seems your solicitor has helped you set aside your SD (which is the correct thing) however most have done this by disputing.

The part which will intrigue us all is 'they are not pursuing the debt' Can you enlighten us a little more please?

As to 'your' loan company taking your clients to court for any loan. Your loan company would see court as the very last action and debt can rumble along for years and years before hitting a court.

We have put in a Consent Order which has been agreed by both parties and sent to the court.
    Just received the below which was signed by both parties solicitors and legal document.

By Consent it is ordered that:
    1. Felicitas Limited withdraws its Statutory Demand
    2. The Application of myself is withdrawn and the court hearing listed xxxxxx 2021 is vacated.
    3. There is no Order for costs.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporty View Post

We have put in a Consent Order which has been agreed by both parties and sent to the court.
      Just received the below which was signed by both parties solicitors and legal document.

2. The Application of myself is withdrawn and the court hearing listed xxxxxx 2021 is vacated.

Hope this helps.
      That is a pretty telling capitulation by Felicitas. Basically, when push comes to shove (actually going to court), they throw the towel in.

Well done!
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Hope this helps.
        I am not sure this is any different to having the SD set aside is it? Forgive me if I am wrong.

I can't really see capitulation here, unless I am missing the legalise of this. Have they attempted to take you to court (aside from the SD)?

They have agreed to give up chasing you by this action?

Comment

I am not sure this is any different to having the SD set aside is it? Forgive me if I am wrong.

I can't really see capitulation here, unless I am missing the legalise of this. Have they attempted to take you to court (aside from the SD)?

I am no legal expert but the way I am seeing this is when my solicitor set my SD aside they also put in an application for a court hearing.
          With the consent order signed by both parties Solicitors the SD will now be withdrawn by Felicitas, I will withdraw the court hearing date and no party will pay any costs to each other, this is case closed in my view as Felicitas have backed down by withdrawing the SD.

Hopefully that means that this will be the end of it for me because if they try and do something like this in the future then I have all the legal letters and documents saying that they have agreed to withdraw the SD which says to me they definitely don't think they will win this case if it goes to court and it could cost them a lot of money.
          Felicitas are trying to scare and threaten people to pay up even if its 5% of what they supposedly owe, think about it if 100 people pay £3000 that's £300,000 and they have probably sent thousands of letters out.

My solicitor has been speaking to a proper Solicitor from Felicitas regarding this not Gladstone's or Statutory Law who we received our SD from so that definitely tells me something.

All I can say is don't give up and don't pay Felicitas a penny we owe them nothing, they are after a quick and easy payday. If they were so sure we all owe these loans they would be taking us all to court not offering us to pay a small percentage back.

Be safe all and don't give up there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

I am no legal expert but the way I am seeing this is when my solicitor set my SD aside they also put in an application for a court hearing.
            With the consent order signed by both parties Solicitors the SD will now be withdrawn by Felicitas, I will withdraw the court hearing date and no party will pay any costs to each other, this is case closed in my view as Felicitas have backed down by withdrawing the SD.

Hopefully that means that this will be the end of it for me because if they try and do something like this in the future then I have all the legal letters and documents saying that they have agreed to withdraw the SD which says to me they definitely don't think they will win this case if it goes to court and it could cost them a lot of money.
            Felicitas are trying to scare and threaten people to pay up even if its 5% of what they supposedly owe, think about it if 100 people pay £3000 that's £300,000 and they have probably sent thousands of letters out.

My solicitor has been speaking to a proper Solicitor from Felicitas regarding this not Gladstone's or Statutory Law who we received our SD from so that definitely tells me something.

All I can say is don't give up and don't pay Felicitas a penny we owe them nothing, they are after a quick and easy payday. If they were so sure we all owe these loans they would be taking us all to court not offering us to pay a small percentage back.

Be safe all and don't give up there is light at the end of the tunnel.
            I really hope you are correct, though I really suspect they have done nothing more than set aside the SD.

I have an awful feeling you and your solicitor have done nothing more than stop the SD. Interesting to hear your solicitor is speaking with a proper solicitor at the other end, this is progress as I don't think anyone has got this far.

We owe somebody something as we took out loans from somebody, just who that is right now is the unclear part.

Comment

If you initially disagreed/disputed FS claim then an SD cannot be issued, I suspect therefore your solicitor has managed to have the SD set aside so not so sure you in the clear?

Comment

[QUOTE=GregRickshaw;n4161266]

We owe somebody something as we took out loans from somebody, just who that is right now is the unclear part.

Wow! Greg - you seem eager to pay more money to someone else...

Comment

[QUOTE=happychap;n4161331]

Wow! Greg - you seem eager to pay more money to someone else...
                  Believe me I am not eager to pay money to anyone ever! As stated in my very first post I have settled 'for me this ends now'

I just think this denial of loans has become futile.

Now though just who has the legal right to collect then that is of course the question here and has been from the very start.

Comment

It would be interesting to know what eek makes of this.

He's had a pretty good grasp of it all right from the beginning, and he's one of very few here whose credentials can be 100% vouched for and no hidden agenda/ulterior motives.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I like that this thread exists in the public domain. Without CUK and this thread, the claimants may well have had significant success. The value of this and other similar threads is almost immeasurable against what might have been. I expect the people behind this are actually losing money on their "investment". And that's a very good thing. There's bound to be several more of these claims waiting and watching on the sidelines before going down the same route of calling loans in.
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X