• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Felicitas are in court, and they "choose" not to prove that they:

A) Own the the "debt"

B) The "debt" is legitimate and the paperwork they have confirms this and backs up their claim

Now why on earth would they do that........it would be the one thing they could have done which would have proven at least some of their claims and no doubt persuaded many people to pay up..............it would seem they're not quite as confident as they claim.

If anyone is in contact with Felicitas, they should be asking them for the case number. It's a public record, so they cannot refuse on the basis of data protection or anything else. If they refuse to supply the case number, then that speaks volumes.

Comment

Originally posted by happychap View Post
      This is exactly my thinking.

No response to an SD resulting in court followed by a £600 fine.

But what then, why didn't Felicitas then take the matter further to enforce the debt whilst in court?
      I'm at a complete loss as to what the fine is for?

Statuary demands have a process and I can't see anything that has random fines for recipients. The logic goes

1) Issue demand
      2) if not disputed they can initiate bankruptcy as a means of recovering the money.

And that's before I look at court backlogs and think how on earth have they managed to leapfrog a year long backlog?
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 February 2021, 18:33.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I'm at a complete loss as to what the fine is for?

Statuary demands have a process and I can't see anything that has random fines for recipients. The logic goes

1) Issue demand
        2) if not disputed they can initiate bankruptcy as a means of recovering the money.

And that's before I look at court backlogs and think how on earth have they managed to leapfrog a year long backlog?
        Exactly.......so if I've got this correct, Felicitas are basically saying:

"We issued a SD, the recipient ignored us, so we went to court and asked for our costs to be paid, but didn't bother pursuing the perceived debt..........and that's it".

That doesn't make any sense at all, and I'd have thought a judge wouldn't have seen any sense in that either.

Good point about the seriously back logged courts too......I hadn't even thought about that..!

Comment

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
          So Felicitas are in court, and they "choose" not to prove that they:

A) Own the the "debt"

B) The "debt" is legitimate and the paperwork they have confirms this and backs up their claim

Now why on earth would they do that........it would be the one thing they could have done which would have proven at least some of their claims and no doubt persuaded many people to pay up..............it would seem they're not quite as confident as they claim.

If anyone is in contact with Felicitas, they should be asking them for the case number. It's a public record, so they cannot refuse on the basis of data protection or anything else. If they refuse to supply the case number, then that speaks volumes.
          In the case of a Statutory demand there is no need to prove the debt because the other person has (by not disputing it) agreed that the debt exists and is valid.

But as I said nothing else in that email makes any sense at all - all costs are borne by the creditor i.e. Felicitas and that before I look at the other issues.

So I would be asking Felicitas for the case number while pointing out that you are more than happy to see them in court - after they've paid the appropriate court fees to get that far.
          Last edited by eek; 3 February 2021, 13:55.

Comment

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
            Exactly.......so if I've got this correct, Felicitas are basically saying:

"We issued a SD, the recipient ignored us, so we went to court and asked for our costs to be paid, but didn't bother pursuing the perceived debt..........and that's it".

That doesn't make any sense at all, and I'd have thought a judge wouldn't have seen any sense in that either.

Good point about the seriously back logged courts too......I hadn't even thought about that..!
            My issue is that I can't see how they can ask for their costs to be paid... That's not an option..

Comment

Phone the court in Doncaster and ask them if it actually happened or is a fabricated story?

Doncaster County Court Telephone : 01302 366 711
              Last edited by Fred Bloggs; 3 February 2021, 15:28.
              Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
              Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Anyone else receive a nice email + text + Letter with this information

"On Thursday 28th January 2021, the county court at Doncaster considered the first case about debts to
                Felicitas. The hearing followed the debtor’s failure to respond to any of the letters sent to him by Felicitas,
                until we served a statutory demand on him. The judge ordered the debtor to pay Felicitas’ costs of £XXX.
                We have not yet asked a court to order the debtor to pay the debt itself, which is a substantial sum. As a
                responsible lender, we are giving all our debtors every opportunity to settle what they owe at a discount,
                prior to enforcement. All we ask today is that debtors contact us with reasonable proposals"

Agin offering 10% pay by 28th Feb and it all goes away?
                Not that I know exactly what legalise vernacular looks like but this does not look very err 'legal speak'

"until we served a statutory demand on him"

Comment

90% of the letter

Originally posted by GregRickshaw View Post
                  Not that I know exactly what legalise vernacular looks like but this does not look very err 'legal speak'

"until we served a statutory demand on him"
                  LEFT OUT SOME OF THE PERSONAL INFO

On Thursday 28th January 2021, the county court at Doncaster considered the first case about debts to
                  Felicitas. The hearing followed the debtor’s failure to respond to any of the letters sent to him by Felicitas,
                  until we served a statutory demand on him. The judge ordered the debtor to pay Felicitas’ costs of £XXX.

We have not yet asked a court to order the debtor to pay the debt itself, which is a substantial sum. As a
                  responsible lender, we are giving all our debtors every opportunity to settle what they owe at a discount,
                  prior to enforcement. All we ask today is that debtors contact us with reasonable proposals.
                  You are also one of the people who have yet to take up an offer to settle. You are in default of your
                  obligation to us because you failed to pay the interest on your loans when it was due. This means that we
                  have a valid reason to recover the outstanding debt through the courts. You could end up being ordered by
                  the court not only to pay the interest, but the whole capital balance and our costs.

With the passage of time, our costs in recovering what you owe have increased. As a result, the discount
                  we are able to offer you gets less and less. By putting this off, you are increasing what it is going to cost
                  you. We are aware that some tax advisers and self-appointed commentators have dissuaded debtors from
                  engaging with us. As the court decision shows, this poor advice is costing people money. Where debtors
                  have engaged solicitors to help them, in general, the result has been more positive.

We are writing to you again, so that you have a further opportunity to settle your debt to us, at reduced
                  cost. If you do not understand why you owe us money, perhaps because you do not think we are the
                  proper owner of the debt, or you think you should not have to pay, please contact us using the details at
                  Felicitas Solutions Limited, a company registered in the Isle of Man, register number 131081C,
                  registered office address 8 Auckland Terrace,
                  Parliament Street, Ramsey, IM8 1AF, Isle Of Man
                  the top of this letter.

We will explain why we disagree and provide you with whatever evidence we have.
                  Our Client Gateway has been available for several months and contains all of the relevant information
                  proving our ownership of the debt.

We are prepared to accept (APPROX 10% of loan) £XX,XXX in full and final settlement. To accept this offer, please make
                  immediate payment to our agent as follows. You will automatically receive a letter, signed by a company
                  director, confirming that the debt has been settled and that you have nothing further to pay.

The offer expires 28 February 2021.
                  Account name Fiscus Management Limited
                  Sort code 09-01-29
                  Account number XXXXXXXX
                  Last edited by happychap; 3 February 2021, 16:29.

Comment

LEFT OUT SOME OF THE PERSONAL INFO

On Thursday 28th January 2021, the county court at Doncaster considered the first case about debts to

prior to enforcement. All we ask today is that debtors contact us with reasonable proposals.
                    You are also one of the people who have yet to take up an offer to settle. You are in default of your
                    obligation to us because you failed to pay the interest on your loans when it was due. This means that we
                    have a valid reason to recover the outstanding debt through the courts. You could end up being ordered by
                    the court not only to pay the interest, but the whole capital balance and our costs.

With the passage of time, our costs in recovering what you owe have increased. As a result, the discount
                    we are able to offer you gets less and less. By putting this off, you are increasing what it is going to cost
                    you. We are aware that some tax advisers and self-appointed commentators have dissuaded debtors from
                    engaging with us. As the court decision shows, this poor advice is costing people money. Where debtors
                    have engaged solicitors to help them, in general, the result has been more positive.

We are writing to you again, so that you have a further opportunity to settle your debt to us, at reduced
                    cost. If you do not understand why you owe us money, perhaps because you do not think we are the
                    proper owner of the debt, or you think you should not have to pay, please contact us using the details at
                    Felicitas Solutions Limited, a company registered in the Isle of Man, register number 131081C,
                    registered office address 8 Auckland Terrace,
                    Parliament Street, Ramsey, IM8 1AF, Isle Of Man
                    the top of this letter.

We will explain why we disagree and provide you with whatever evidence we have.
                    Our Client Gateway has been available for several months and contains all of the relevant information
                    proving our ownership of the debt.

We are prepared to accept (APPROX 10% of loan) £XX,XXX in full and final settlement. To accept this offer, please make
                    immediate payment to our agent as follows. You will automatically receive a letter, signed by a company
                    director, confirming that the debt has been settled and that you have nothing further to pay.

The offer expires 28 February 2021.
                    Account name Fiscus Management Limited
                    Sort code 09-01-29
                    Account number XXXXXXXX

Yip just as I thought

Comment

So, are they still bluffing or do they have a very real chance of sending in the bailiffs?
                      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                      X