• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Things about to get very serious and much more real? / Felicitas Letters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    If Felicitas have deep pockets they haven't shown them at any point so far.
    You're right. Had a brain fart moment and was thinking of HMRC.

Comment

Statutory Demand and Felicitas

Just to let everyone know that I received a statutory demand from Felicitas and I wrote to the court (whichever court is mentioned in the statutory demand) I completed a IAA form (which you can download from gov website) I also attached a witness statement and asked for the Statutory Demand to be set aside, I was then written back from the courts to say a telephone hearing would be scheduled in January - after 5 days Felicitas withdrew the Statutory Demand - please do not ignore but respond to the court immediately with some form of acknowledgement - I didn't use a solicitor I did this myself it was not difficult - but SD has now been withdrawn.

Comment

hi shay

Originally posted by Shay58 View Post
        Just to let everyone know that I received a statutory demand from Felicitas and I wrote to the court (whichever court is mentioned in the statutory demand) I completed a IAA form (which you can download from gov website) I also attached a witness statement and asked for the Statutory Demand to be set aside, I was then written back from the courts to say a telephone hearing would be scheduled in January - after 5 days Felicitas withdrew the Statutory Demand - please do not ignore but respond to the court immediately with some form of acknowledgement - I didn't use a solicitor I did this myself it was not difficult - but SD has now been withdrawn.
        Hi Shay im trying to fill in the same form but lost. is there a guide other than the iaa-n form?

Comment

Good luck everyone

Fingers crossed for all of those going into bat.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyslondon View Post
            Hi Shay im trying to fill in the same form but lost. is there a guide other than the iaa-n form?
            Can I just saw WT actual F.

This is a statutory demand for payment that has very fixed deadlines for responses as it exists for a particular reason (which Felicitas are abusing but the courts won't know nor care about that).

If you haven't responded yet it wouldn't surprise me if you are too late and that a court will decide that the demand is valid...

Get it sorted now (i.e this second, not today, not this week, not this month) and pray the courts are lenient.
            Last edited by eek; 12 December 2020, 10:41.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

This is a statutory demand for payment that has very fixed deadlines for responses as it exists for a particular reason (which Felicitas are abusing but the courts won't know nor care about that).

If you haven't responded yet it wouldn't surprise me if you are too late and that a court will decide that the demand is valid...

Get it sorted now (i.e this second, not today, not this week, not this month) and pray the courts are lenient.
              thats what im trying to do ...and thats why Im asking for help

Comment

and my SD has no case number on it so what reference will it have when I send it to the court?

Comment

Originally posted by mickeyslondon View Post
                  and my SD has no case number on it so what reference will it have when I send it to the court?
                  you don’t send it to court, you tell the people who sent it that you dispute the fact any money is owed.

and given that you don’t have a court case but do have a court you could ring them up and see what they say.

the issue is that you should have done this immediately and you shouldn’t have ever placed it in the to do pile

Comment

I wonder how many people will get caught out by not disputing the SD within the time limit? (I assume that's what Felicitas are counting on.)

Is what they're doing an abuse of the SD regime?
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                      I wonder how many people will get caught out by not disputing the SD within the time limit? (I assume that's what Felicitas are counting on.)

Is what they're doing an abuse of the SD regime?
                      It is but I really doubt a court would care about it, given that anyone complaining is going to be on the back foot having failed to dispute in time.

But from the reaction by Felicitas to this forum it seems that this thread has resulted in far more people disputing the demand than Felicitas thought / hoped would be the case.
                      Last edited by eek; 13 December 2020, 09:02.

Comment

Working...
                      X