• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
    Thanks BB and BP.

So Dawn is not only telling porkies about the state of the appeal, but there isn't even anything scheduled for February.

Montpelier really have gone rotten.
    Not quite:-

She is right in saying there is an appeal regarding Huitson but its not the appeal she is implying it is, it's an appeal to try and resurrect the Huitson appeal she is implying it is....

Because of the above though the second statement is probably wrong and explains why the FN's are being sent out now so that the FN deadline occurs before any appeal is in progress.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Not quite:-

She is right in saying there is an appeal regarding Huitson but its not the appeal she is implying it is, it's an appeal to try and resurrect the Huitson appeal she is implying it is....

Because of the above though the second statement is probably wrong and explains why the FN's are being sent out now so that the FN deadline occurs before any appeal is in progress.
      HMRC were entitled to send FNs on 24th Jan 2016. As the UTTT appeal had to be registered by 23rd Jan 2016. They decided to wait. They have to issue FNs within a year of the Huitson decision becoming final (so 23rd Jan 2017).

When I called earlier the listing office said the appeal (to make Huitson live again) is scheduled for oral hearing but did not say when. It is not listed yet. And will never appear on their website(as its not an appeal - its an appeal to resurrect the appeal).

Last edited by BrilloPad; 6 December 2016, 15:42. Reason: Fixing major mistakes as pointed out by ns1

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        HMRC were entitled to send FNs on 24th Jan 2015. As the UTTT appeal had to be registered by 23rd Jan 2015. They decided to wait. They have to issue FNs within a year of the Huitson decision becoming final (so 23rd Jan 2016).

When I called earlier the listing office said the appeal (to make Huitson live again) is scheduled for oral hearing but did not say when. It is not listed yet. And will never appear on their website(as its not an appeal - its an appeal to resurrect the appeal).

I think you meant 2016 and 2017?

Comment

POst complete garbage as pointed out by ns1. See replacement post below.
          Last edited by BrilloPad; 6 December 2016, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            No. I meant what I posted. Confusing isn't it!

The Huitson FTTT decision was July 2014. The deadline to appeal to UTTT was Jan 2015. FRom that point HMRC could issue FNs. They must issue FNs by Jan 2016.
            That was 11 months ago

Comment

Originally posted by ns1 View Post
              That was 11 months ago
              You are quite correct. Its a total failure between keyboard and chair from me. Very busy day at work. Oh okay, it wasn't. I is fick.

The Huitson FTTT decision was July 2015. The deadline to appeal to UTTT was Jan 2016. FRom that point HMRC could issue FNs. They must issue FNs by Jan 2017.

Comment

Scanned and copied the 2nd set of FNs and APNs posted to me - 1st set never arrived but Hector wouldn't restart the 90 day clock, so already 20 days down - and emailed them to MontP.

Got the standard MontP reply, e.g. "we'll be in touch", but no answers to any of the questions i asked.

Seems like FNs effectively give you no option but to sign away your rights and pay up.

Can probably pay some, but not all of the anticipated bill, so wondering what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by tootrusting View Post
                  Scanned and copied the 2nd set of FNs and APNs posted to me - 1st set never arrived but Hector wouldn't restart the 90 day clock, so already 20 days down - and emailed them to MontP.

Got the standard MontP reply, e.g. "we'll be in touch", but no answers to any of the questions i asked.

Seems like FNs effectively give you no option but to sign away your rights and pay up.

Can probably pay some, but not all of the anticipated bill, so wondering what to do.
                  I agree that it looks like if you complete the FN you appear to sign away your rights. I was assuming we have no choice if MTP's request for an appeal is turned down. Therefore, I called DB at MTP to see if that process had been exhausted now. She advised they're been given a date in Feb 17 for a hearing. Therefore, I'm sending her my FNs and APNs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Broke View Post
                    I agree that it looks like if you complete the FN you appear to sign away your rights. I was assuming we have no choice if MTP's request for an appeal is turned down. Therefore, I called DB at MTP to see if that process had been exhausted now. She advised they're been given a date in Feb 17 for a hearing. Therefore, I'm sending her my FNs and APNs too.
                    Not True. To repeat an earlier post :-
                    ------------------
                    Alas its more complex than that!

I just called the UTTT tax tribunal admin office on 020 7612 9730 and I will repeat here what I was told. Feel free to call them to confirm.

Only appeals go on their website. In this case the appeal was "several months late". Effectively the appeal is out of time so the FTTT judgement stands.

However there is an appeal being heard to get an appeal. Those are never listed. The appeal for an appeal was turned down from paper submission. An oral hearing will be heard - however there is no date set yet. A date should be set in January.

I intend to call again in January.
                    ------------------
                    Try reading this post too - http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post2341913

But very careful not to incur penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by tootrusting View Post

HMRC will give you 3 years to pay.

But very careful not to incur penalties.

Comment

Working...
                      X