• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FN and APN challange

For those wishing to challenge FNs and APNs other than via MP LoRs, I was speaking to advisors who potentially have a more robust means to challenge FNs and APNs. If interested pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by ssb2 View Post
      For those wishing to challenge FNs and APNs other than via MP LoRs, I was speaking to advisors who potentially have a more robust means to challenge FNs and APNs. If interested pm me.
      You won't have PM rights yet, and I am not minded to give them to you.

Contact Admin to explain yourself and we may consider giving you those rights.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

How do I contact Admin? Thanks.

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/sendmessage.php
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by ssb2 View Post
            How much will it cost?

I strongly urge everyone not to throw any money away on something that cannot be correct.

If you really have money to burn, then invest in brillo offshore enterprises. Or give it to charity. Or just burn it.

I hope you get perma banned.

Comment

Serial Tax Avoidance Scheme (STAR)

I've just received a letter from the HMRC stating that l need to provide them of any tax avoidance schemes by the 6th April - l've passed this onto WTT and Dawn.

Has anyone else received this letter>?

ta

Comment

Originally posted by OnARoadToNoWhere View Post
                I've just received a letter from the HMRC stating that l need to provide them of any tax avoidance schemes by the 6th April - l've passed this onto WTT and Dawn.

Has anyone else received this letter>?

ta
                There is a thread here http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...0112-star.html

Loan Ranger believes they have been issued in error. I am sure a lot of people with MP will have received these.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Loan Ranger believes they have been issued in error. I am sure a lot of people with MP will have received these.
                  In error or "in error" - if you catch my drift. After all this is HMRC and their little friends at Behavioural Insights Ltd we're talking about.
                  Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    There is a thread here http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...0112-star.html

Thanks pal!

Comment

what does an LoR look like?

Hi,

I’m a newbie. History: I took on my 1st ever contract in 2006 and Reed agency referred me to DeGraaf and sold on the basis ‘it’s all been approved by HMRC’. I must have been guilty of naïvety I guess. I left scheme 2008. HMRC views DeGraaf the same scheme as MP, subject to the same rulings, I’ve had the same FN’s (issued January, deadline 11/4), and last week the new weird request (which at first glance appears to be the same thing again, deadline 6/4). MP scheme was much bigger than DeGraaf, their support dried up years ago & they no longer exist. I’ve been ploughing a lonely furrow for the past couple of years, but after the FN’s came in (which I didn’t understand then), I decided I needed advice, found this forum. I did try to sign up to WTT & NTRT - neither are taking new members as we know, so this forum is my only source of advice.

From what I’ve read, I think in my case it’s time to throw the towel in. But despite not owing vast sums, I can’t pay. I want to go down the LoR route to buy a little time.. However I have no idea what an LoR looks like, what sort of thing it says, what points I am supposed to be making. Can anyone offer any pointers here??

N.B. I’m not trying to be unfair like attempting to get hold of stuff for free that other people may have had to pay for, I’m just a normal guy who has no access to support (even the paid kind it appears - not that I can afford to anyway) and is hoping someone has a basic steer for what on earth it is I have to do, as i simply haven't a clue when it comes to writing an LoR.

Comment

Working...
                      X