• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP - would you mind sharing the name of your advisor please (apologies if I've missed it in the thread) as I have an equally confusing raft of letters and demands.

I had a cover letter telling me, in Jan 2022, I'd been sent a demand in Oct 2019 - which I am certain I never received, and then they claim to have sent a follow-up in Dec 2019 (again I didn't see this). The cover letter runs through consecutive years from 2002 to 2007 - some of which are closed and have previously been excluded from any action!

Also, for three of these periods, I had operated through a limited company and had paid significant amounts of CT. I have asked for copies of my original submissions, which may have been delivered by Montpelier/ MTM but all HMRC have ever sent me is the computer output - which varies from time to time.

The information regularly varies, the two demands from 2019 quote different balances due...

What should I do?

Comment

CS, it might be worth logging in through the Government Gateway to see which of the years 2002 to 2007 are showing an unpaid tax liability. (I'm guessing the tax will have been postponed pending appeal.)

The on-line figures won't include NICs or interest but it might clarify which years you're actually liable for.
      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
      X