• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
    Spoke to Brillo about this and he is taking some time away from the forum ....So feel free to direct message me and I will stand in for Brillo....

But have a look at his post quoted above ...Call the tax tribunal office yourself ...That will give u a sanity check on mtms appeal advice. Pay the APN to avoid penalties

I still can't see the harm in delaying by 4-6 weeks (through a representation) - if at that point the 'appeal to appeal' would be known, regardless of how unlikely we expect this to be granted... ?

Comment

Guess that is the mtm plan ...Enter the representation based on the appeal to appeal ...And buy a few more weeks. Hope they have something more than that for those in this fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Broke View Post
        I agree that it looks like if you complete the FN you appear to sign away your rights. I was assuming we have no choice if MTP's request for an appeal is turned down. Therefore, I called DB at MTP to see if that process had been exhausted now. She advised they're been given a date in Feb 17 for a hearing. Therefore, I'm sending her my FNs and APNs too.
        The Upper Tribunal say they haven't given a date for a hearing yet.

Comment

Broke give the court a call ...They were very helpful and clear

Comment

Or did dawn mean Feb 30th 😎 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Loan Ranger View Post
              The Upper Tribunal say they haven't given a date for a hearing yet.
              So who do you believe?

Comment

Appeal (to appeal) Date

I've just phoned the UTTT to check on the Huitson appeal (to be allowed to appeal) - it's being heard on 9th February.

I was told that it is an oral hearing - the paper appeal had been turned down already apparently.

My understanding is that:
                If this appeal is succesful then the actual appeal would probably be later this year.
                If this appeal fails then it's all finished.

I was also told that the outcome of the 9th Feb hearing should be known within a few days of that hearing.
                It might even be given on the day.

Comment

Unfortunately my APN and FN deadline is 7th Feb, so i will need to try and get an extension that lasts until the after the outcome of the hearing is known.

May as well try to hang in there for the last roll of the dice!

My understanding is that if this appeal fails it's all over as far as the UK court / tax tribunals are concerned.
                  Has anyone heard anything about a challenge via the ECHR in Strasbourg?
                  I recall mention that an appeal was going to be submitted but that it could be years before it was heard - but I would have heard that years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by tootrusting View Post
                    Unfortunately my APN and FN deadline is 7th Feb, so i will need to try and get an extension that lasts until the after the outcome of the hearing is known.

May as well try to hang in there for the last roll of the dice!

My understanding is that if this appeal fails it's all over as far as the UK court / tax tribunals are concerned.
                    Has anyone heard anything about a challenge via the ECHR in Strasbourg?
                    I recall mention that an appeal was going to be submitted but that it could be years before it was heard - but I would have heard that years ago...
                    Sorry the ECHR case was thrown out ages ago.

Comment

Thanks for calling to confirm the appeal to appeal will be heard.

Comment

Working...
                      X