• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOR / MTM APN Invoice

Hi all. My LORs have been sent to HMRC who confirmed they are standing over the APNs and FNs for now, so my original due date of 2nd Feb is no longer applicable.

Montpelier sent me a £720 invoice (600+VAT) back in March 2016 for 'Administration fee for APN'. I didn't pay but now DB is pressing me for it.

I assume other got this (?) and did you pay ? I'm obviously reluctant. I thought Mont were 'fighting until the end', using their own funds (?) - or should I say funds they accrued from the fees the scheme members all paid.

thanks

Comment

LoRs

Originally posted by Laxmi View Post
      I'm mulling over the LoR from WTT big group. I have paid the APNs, I know MP will not win as so far they have failed to and filed 6 months late! Unfortunately I will be out of the country for a month.
      So, need to make a decision fast as to have a rep or sign away rights. If MP's appeal is thrown out, then I'm not sure the LoR will buy 30 days. The LoR could be rejected.
      Is the LoRs avaialable yet - if it is I cant spot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Broke View Post
        Hi all. My LORs have been sent to HMRC who confirmed they are standing over the APNs and FNs for now, so my original due date of 2nd Feb is no longer applicable.

Montpelier sent me a £720 invoice (600+VAT) back in March 2016 for 'Administration fee for APN'. I didn't pay but now DB is pressing me for it.

I assume other got this (?) and did you pay ? I'm obviously reluctant. I thought Mont were 'fighting until the end', using their own funds (?) - or should I say funds they accrued from the fees the scheme members all paid.

thanks
        I have the same dilemma - a week ago Dawn asked me to settle that March 2016 invoice, in doing so she would then send me representations against the APNs and FNs... unwilling to pay, l instructed WTT to make representation on my behalf (for £250+vat). I have not paid that Montpelier March invoice, however today l've received the representation letters from Dawn. So l'm stuck on how to move forward, l don't want to cut ties with Montpelier yet l've already instructed WTT to act on my behalf. ????

Comment

Representation

Dawn sent me draft representations (one for FNs and one for APNs). She said HMRC are prepared to accept them by email, and she gave me the email address to send them to. I duly entered my details on the draft representations and sent them to that email address).

I haven't received an acknowledgement of receipt and it's getting near the end of the 90 days, so I tried calling HMRC on the number given on their letter, but it's permanently engaged.

Anyone else found the same?

Comment

Originally posted by mossman View Post
            Dawn sent me draft representations (one for FNs and one for APNs). She said HMRC are prepared to accept them by email, and she gave me the email address to send them to. I duly entered my details on the draft representations and sent them to that email address).

I haven't received an acknowledgement of receipt and it's getting near the end of the 90 days, so I tried calling HMRC on the number given on their letter, but it's permanently engaged.

I have no idea if anyone has similar. Personally I would send them guaranteed next day delivery. Then take a screenshot of proof of receipt. Why risk it for a few quid?

Comment

Originally posted by mossman View Post

Before I sent mine in (late Jan) I managed to get through on the phone number OK. I was told email was OK but also sent them in via recorded delivery post. I phoned back a couple of days later (after emailing them in) and asked for confirmation in writing that my FNs and APNs were being 'stood over'. They verbally confirmed but I was told they don't normally confirm in writing. Although they did eventually agree to send me an email.

Comment

Update

Thanks for the replies. I managed to get through on the phone eventually (using a different number that I found on some old correspondence). They confirmed that they have received my representations. It's not their policy to confirm receipt by email but they said I should get a response in writing in due course. They confirmed that the representations were received within the 90 days and have been recorded as such.

Comment

Big day today.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Big day today.
                    What's today?

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
                      What's today?
                      MP explain at UTT how their dog ate the appeal which is why they didn't submit it in time and beg the court's indulgence to appeal at a subsequent hearing.

Comment

Working...
                      X