• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wardster1972 View Post
    Can i have PM rights too please.
    Sorted.

Comment

FNs and APNs

I've just received the FNs and APNs (10 days after the warning letter).

For each year that I was in the scheme there is an FN and 2 APNs (one for tax and one for NI).

There is no breakdown between how much is the original amount and how much is interest that they've added, so I can't assess how much I would save if I used my CTD to pay. Should they not give such a breakdown?

For some of the years, on the Tax APNs, they show an amount that is a 'reduction to ensure APN does not exceed the amount under appeal' What does that mean? (the amounts are quite small).

MontPs advice is to scan and email the FNs and APNs to them and they will send me a representation that I can send to HMRC. Has anyone done this and received the representation? Does it come quickly from MontP or close to the end of the 90 days? Does it work i.e. does HMRC agree to withdraw the FNs and APNs? If it's just a delaying tactic, what's the point?

Comment

The APNs dont include any interest. They are the nominal amounts you owe. Trust that you will get charged interest later.

Re the other questions - it is still early stages with MP interactions. Try your luck.

What a mess this all is ...
        Last edited by RunningMan; 18 November 2016, 12:03.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningMan View Post
          The APNs dont include any interest. They are the nominal amounts you owe. Trust that you will get charged interest later.

Re the other questions - it is still early stages with MP interactions. Try your luck.

What a mess this all is ...
          HMRC have a brass neck. They charge interest at 3% (BOE 0.25%) and then lecture banks for not dropping interest rates! Utterly disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by mossman View Post
            MontPs advice is to scan and email the FNs and APNs to them and they will send me a representation that I can send to HMRC. Has anyone done this and received the representation? Does it come quickly from MontP or close to the end of the 90 days? Does it work i.e. does HMRC agree to withdraw the FNs and APNs? If it's just a delaying tactic, what's the point?
            Any representation will be towards the end of the 90 days. It buys you an extra 30 days from the date you send the LoR. It may work or it may not.

Be very careful not to become overdue as you will probably get a 50% penalty.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the replies.

I've scanned FNs and APNs and emailed them to MontP.

Let's hope the reply doesn't come on day 89!

Comment

PM Rights

How do I get PM rights to message Brillopad , please

Comment

Originally posted by mossman View Post
                  Thanks for the replies.

I've scanned FNs and APNs and emailed them to MontP.

Let's hope the reply doesn't come on day 89!
                  If you get to day 83 then you should prepare to pay.

Comment

FNs & APNs

Hi,

I paid the APNs early last year and have now received the NICs APN for the IOM scheme. I personally think contacting MP is a waste of time, they're not interested in helping, look what they did to the loan scheme. Their last representation failed, NTRT would have worked, but I was too quick to pay the extortion.
                    Sick how HMRC may not pay back if MP wins though!

Odd thing is the NICs are about the same amount and the tax was twice as much in one of the APNs!
                    Any advise? I did not, nor will I pay retro fees to MP, already paid 13% fees to them!

Thanks in advance for any advise.

Comment

BP seems to be the one-man help desk on this atm.

I hope that he's getting support from other long-time posters...
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X