• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very quiet in here.
    There are over 2000 of us that are ex-MP DTA and staring into the jaws of Follower Notices right now. Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by TAF4 View Post
      It's very quiet in here.
      There are over 2000 of us that are ex-MP DTA and staring into the jaws of Follower Notices right now. Strange.
      I think most people have either gone elsewhere (Big Group or other forums) or given up the fight.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I think most people have either gone elsewhere (Big Group or other forums) or given up the fight.
        This!

Comment

I'm a long-time lurker from the off, and if I'm honest I've kept off this thread, purely because I found that revisiting it made me very depressed. In completely unrelated matters I've had a lifelong friend kill himself in the last year due to (unknown to all his friends) depression and frankly, me being very much a glass half full kind of person, I didn't want it to push me 'that way', hence the lack of visits.

Today I've received the 1-10 week warnings of FN and APN (am expecting them to land on the mat on Xmas Eve) for 6yrs in the DTA scheme, I also have 6 years in the Montp Loan Scheme. What a sorry mess.

Thanks as always to Donkey Rhubarb and Brillopad for keeping me going when at a low ebb. I will forward the APNs on to Montp on receipt, not sure what good it will do me though.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyMoped View Post
            Today I've received the 1-10 week warnings of FN and APN (am expecting them to land on the mat on Xmas Eve) for 6yrs in the DTA scheme, I also have 6 years in the Montp Loan Scheme. What a sorry mess.
            <-manly

Comment

Originally posted by TAF4 View Post
              It's very quiet in here.
              I for one fall into the group of having given up, even though I can't pay. This sorry mess has run its course for me. Will see what can be worked out with HMRC regarding paying it off.

Comment

I'm also a long time lurker like FunkyMoped. I recently received my 1-10 week notice letter from HMRC too, and so have revisited this site and read everything in this thread. I no longer live in the UK, however I don't think that has much bearing on the outcome these days.

I'll scan everything and send it to MP, however it doesn't sound like there is much hope. I was never contacted by MP about any loan repayment for further representation, so I guess I'm unlikely to get a response.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyMoped View Post
                  I'm a long-time lurker from the off, and if I'm honest I've kept off this thread, purely because I found that revisiting it made me very depressed. In completely unrelated matters I've had a lifelong friend kill himself in the last year due to (unknown to all his friends) depression and frankly, me being very much a glass half full kind of person, I didn't want it to push me 'that way', hence the lack of visits.

Thanks as always to Donkey Rhubarb and Brillopad for keeping me going when at a low ebb. I will forward the APNs on to Montp on receipt, not sure what good it will do me though.
                  I have PMed you.

There are many more in the same boat. They won't say publicly as there are quite a few CUK trolls and HMRC lurkers having a laugh. I wish I was a member of IPSE now so I could see what the trolls over there are saying - I know it will be unpleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    I have PMed you.

There are many more in the same boat. They won't say publicly as there are quite a few CUK trolls and HMRC lurkers having a laugh. I wish I was a member of IPSE now so I could see what the trolls over there are saying - I know it will be unpleasant.
                    I don't think they are saying anything. They have other things to stick their fingers in their ears about....

Comment

Could someone grant me PM rights please?

Kudos to BrilloPad and Donkey Rubarb for keeping everyone in the know. Very much appreciated. I'd feel much more in the dark without this thread...

Comment

Working...
                      X