• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    BP seems to be the one-man help desk on this atm.

I hope that he's getting support from other long-time posters...
    Such praise from a mod - I think BP's rehabilitation is complete. . Seriously, the others may be busy on their "private" forum, so may not be looking here regularly.

One thing that continues to surprise me. Every time there is a development in this - there is a load of request for newbies for PM rights. In the early days, you could understand - but 8 years on from BN88 - it seems there are just as many newbies to this as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
      Such praise from a mod - I think BP's rehabilitation is complete. . Seriously, the others may be busy on their "private" forum, so may not be looking here regularly.

One thing that continues to surprise me. Every time there is a development in this - there is a load of request for newbies for PM rights. In the early days, you could understand - but 8 years on from BN88 - it seems there are just as many newbies to this as ever.
      Yes, they've actually had 14 years to ask questions, so they're not newbies, just people who want a different identity.

Comment

Interestingly I have had only a few PMs. I am hoping the generic advice I posted before answers most questions. They are newcomers - a lot of people have stuck their head in the sand. I am hoping all have the means to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post

The only people who visit here now are newbies, HMRC and Montpelier. And a few voyeurs watching the car crash unfold.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Interestingly I have had only a few PMs. I am hoping the generic advice I posted before answers most questions. They are newcomers - a lot of people have stuck their head in the sand. I am hoping all have the means to pay.
            Sorry BP, I couldn't believe they were newbies and just starting to get interested in the case, but perhaps some people are better than me at ignoring things they might not like.

Comment

UTT

Would the UTT definitely be the end i.e. even if MontP are allowed to take it to the UTT, would the outcome of that be final i.e there is no higher authority that either party could appeal to (assuming the Pope and the Dalai Lama aren't interested in our case).

Comment

Originally posted by mossman View Post
                Would the UTT definitely be the end i.e. even if MontP are allowed to take it to the UTT, would the outcome of that be final i.e there is no higher authority that either party could appeal to (assuming the Pope and the Dalai Lama aren't interested in our case).
                If its a matter of law it could go to the supreme court but that would be rather unusual...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  If its a matter of law it could go to the supreme court but that would be rather unusual...
                  Indeed. And I think if UTTT could be appealed it goes to court of appeal, then supreme court. With an appeal between each level. So if MP win the right to appeal it could take the process on by years. Which would be superb!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    So if MP win the right to appeal it could take the process on by years. Which would be superb!
                    Of course that assumes WG has the appetite and the very deep pockets needed to continue funding the process.

Comment

Originally posted by TAF4 View Post
                      Of course that assumes WG has the appetite and the very deep pockets needed to continue funding the process.
                      WG does not give up without a fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X