• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier DTA scheme bulletin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlement offer

New to the forum, please can i have PM rights as I have received a Settlement offer letter from HMRC
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by understress View Post
      Dawn washing hands offering no representation/letter of response to latest demands as didnt pay extra! Urgent help needed PM rights please
      What does she mean 'didn't pay extra' ? How much would this service from MP cost and what do you get ?
      I have never seen an offer for 'a service'.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Reaper View Post
        What does she mean 'didn't pay extra' ? How much would this service from MP cost and what do you get ?
        I have never seen an offer for 'a service'.
        It wasn't a service. MP wanted people to repay part of the loan http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...t-demands.html
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by WorriedBee View Post
          New to the forum, please can i have PM rights as I have received a Settlement offer letter from HMRC
          Thanks
          Hi Also new. Please may I have PM rights to contract Brillo as I too have received the follower notices and APN's.

Thank you.

Comment

Response from MP

All,

I got a response from MP;

We do not believe that the follower notices and accelerated payment notices are lawful and will be issuing a representation within the statutory 90 day time limit.

We will review the notices and come back to provide you with a representation.

Not sure where this leaves me...

Comment

Originally posted by OnARoadToNoWhere View Post
              All,

We do not believe that the follower notices and accelerated payment notices are lawful and will be issuing a representation within the statutory 90 day time limit.

Yes you get that standard blurb from Dawn then they will check to see if you repaid part of loan and if you didn't then they dismiss you...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                It wasn't a service. MP wanted people to repay part of the loan http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...t-demands.html
                The loan repayment is a different thing - but not complying probably led to the same detrimental effect.

They sent out "retrospective" made-up invoices after the first batch of Montpelier APNs were withdrawn and asked people to pay up out of the blue - even though it clearly was someone else's representations that led to these particular APNs being withdrawn .. We all assumed that if you didnt pay this you'd be damned from here onwards. Needless to say I didnt pay mine.

I am sure that any work they do for you now would result in another retrospective invoice that you'd have to pay to keep them "your friends" :-D
                Last edited by RunningMan; 17 November 2016, 10:38.

Comment

Presumably ...

Originally posted by OnARoadToNoWhere View Post
                  All,

I'm hoping it means that MP will get a response to you in time for you to get it to HMRC within the 90 days.

If my understanding is correct, even if HMRC reject your representation by return of post, they have to give you an extra 30 days to pay (DR please correct me if I'm wrong).

Comment

Originally posted by mossman View Post
                    I'm hoping it means that MP will get a response to you in time for you to get it to HMRC within the 90 days.

If my understanding is correct, even if HMRC reject your representation by return of post, they have to give you an extra 30 days to pay (DR please correct me if I'm wrong).
                    That is correct. Hopefully that will give MP time to get an UTTT appeal in.

Comment

Originally posted by understress View Post
                      Yes you get that standard blurb from Dawn then they will check to see if you repaid part of loan and if you didn't then they dismiss you...
                      Ah l see... as l didn't, l expect that l'll be dismissed then. Did you get actual confirmation in writing that they will not represent you or was verbal?

Comment

Working...
                      X