• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's been banned and why? Your right to reply.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought calling people out as sickies was a bannable offence?
    Or is that only when the wind is from the NE?
    I'd be tempted to make him a temporary mod so he can ban himself.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      No, I'm a crap mod for not banning someone who complains about everyone picking on her, while she thinks she should be allowed to say what she wants about anyone else.
      My friend:

No you are not a crap mod just because you don't ban the bully’s squad, and apparently you believe they are my victims!

You are a useless mod because:

1 -You don't have the ability to de-escalate conflicts.
      2- You don't have the sensibility to see both sides.
      3- You don't have the ability to clarify things.
      4 - ...

You can take it as an offence or choose to improve. It's up to you.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Unfortunately that alone isn't a good enough reason but I am surprised with the amount of abuse she's thrown at the mods and complaints to admin about them that one of the Mods hasn't taken umbrage and done the needful. It's not like the comments about the mods is in anyway outweighed by the quality input to the forums or anything.
        They don't ban me because they don't have my permition

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
          My friend:

No you are not a crap mod just because you don't ban the bully’s squad, and apparently you believe they are my victims!

4 - ...

If 2 posters want to get into a keyboard warrior battle then it is only up to the mods to resolve it if it is either in the professional forums or if one of them oversteps the bounds of decency - and by that I mean being overtly racist/sexist or in some other way offensive

if two adults want to hide behind keyboards and chuck petulant insults at each then they can go for it - it is why it is called general

Also a mod is allowed a point of view

The mod is not here to make this into a safe zone

Try this link probably nsfw

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
            My friend:

4 - ...

None of which are a Moderators job on here.

They are unpaid volunteers / blackmail victims (can't think of another reason to do it willingly) trying to manage what is basically a school playground* with fewer options than a teacher would have, so don't set your expectations too high.

*Analogy based on the observation that most of the arguments on here tend to follow the "You're stupid!", "No, You're stupid!", "No, you're stupid!" , "You Smell, I'm going home!" pattern.
            Last edited by DaveB; 9 September 2016, 13:13.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Bee is not a sockie.
              FLC was not a sockie, although he may have posted as a different user before registering as FLC.

Your desire to call people out as sockies is duly noted.

Sorry mate, wrong there. That obnoxious troll FLC was a sockie and he will be back to pollute these forums. We are all better off without him and his foul mouth. I hope he will fester in his bed with his bucket of KFC and pop his clogs, the oxygen thief that he is.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Cojak and I have not stopped doing it.
                <snigger>
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

On a personal note, some of the recent bannings have made me smile inwardly.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Sorry mate, wrong there. That obnoxious troll FLC was a sockie and he will be back to pollute these forums. We are all better off without him and his foul mouth. I hope he will fester in his bed with his bucket of KFC and pop his clogs, the oxygen thief that he is.
                    Don't sit on the fence now, tell us what you think
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      <snigger>
                      Keeps getting a six, poor WTFH is still waiting for a 9.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X