• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crimewatch - Madeleine McCann

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Who the frig is 'heaping blame and derision?' Sod off with your haughty tone.
    Starting with post 1, about half the posts on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Because they are wealthy and middle class? No, I'm sorry that just doesn't wash with me.

I cannot get past leaving three children alone in an apartment out of sight. I just can't. And I held this view even before I had my own child.
      Well I have done it and I still do and I have many friends that do the same - we go on club Mark warner holidays entrusting Mark Warner to employ roaming babysitters to listen out for our children and we check our rooms every several minutes at intervals that "we think" (god forbid) are sufficient . You do whatever you feel is good for you. If it goes wrong and say your child ends up rebelling against this zealousness and starts taking drugs then you will find out what it is like to be on the wrong end of the swivel eyed puritans.

If you want to know what being judged is like (and I can absolutely guarantee you it will happen) let us have this debate after you have had a year mixing with the mothers at the school gates.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        You and CM mainly.
        I don't think so. I think all we've done is state repeatedly that we wouldnt do what they did. This viewpoint does seem to stun some posters, admittedly.

Show me an example of me, or CM heaping blame or derision on the McCanns.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Who the frig is 'heaping blame and derision?' Sod off with your haughty tone.
          Haughty is the word that should be used for those standing in judgement.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Well I have done it and I still do and I have many friends that do the same - we go on club Mark warner holidays entrusting Mark Warner to employ roaming babysitters to listen out for our children and we check our rooms every several minutes at intervals that "we think" (god forbid) are sufficient . You do whatever you feel is good for you. If it goes wrong and say your child ends up rebelling against this zealousness and starts taking drugs then you will find out what it is like to be on the wrong end of the swivel eyed puritans.

If you want to know what being judged is like (and I can absolutely guarantee you it will happen) let us have this debate after you have had a year mixing with the mothers at the school gates.
            Oh give me a bloody break. My child will be a drug addict because I won't leave him alone while I go out for dinner?
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Janey Mac - have you actually read any of our posts?

If you think that is heaping blame and derison then you are very mistaken.
              I don't think so. I think all we've done is state repeatedly that we wouldnt do what they did. This viewpoint does seem to stun some posters, admittedly.

Show me an example of me, or CM heaping blame or derision on the McCanns.
              It's the fact that you keep on repeating it over and over... we understood that you wouldn't do this and couldn't understand any other parents doing so after the first 3 or 4 times you said it, the slower posters maybe needed to hear it 5 or 6 times but after the 10th repetition... you've said your piece so why continue to repeat it? MP in particular keeps saying other people are allowed their own opinions (very magnanimous) but then if anyone who even slightly disagrees, you argue with them.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Locking your doors whilst at home? **** that tulip, my backdoor doesn't even have a lock. Frau D. used to lock the front door it until I pointed out that it doesn't make a blind bit of difference, if someone wants to get in, they will and when my son was younger he would never have got out of the house as I used to keep him in a box under my bed.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Oh give me a bloody break. My child will be a drug addict because I won't leave him alone while I go out for dinner?
                  No. But he's never going to learn how to do his own washing and will probably still be living at home at 30.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    No. But he's never going to learn how to do his own washing and will probably still be living at home at 30.
                    Would you leave your kids with your friendly vicar? What level of risk is that?

Comment

I was having a think about this last night - and I came to the following conclusion (which is pretty obvious when you think about it).

The amount of control/supervision you give to your child is normally related to what they have proved they can do for themselves without being in danger or the potential danger the child could be in from other sources in the environment they are in

So in the case of Maddy - making the choice to leave a 3 year old alone (with 2 other kids under 18 months) in a foreign country just so you can have a few beers n some food is a poor decision from a control/supervision point of view.

This does not mean they are to blame for Maddy going missing however they are to blame for a lack of supervision which contributed to Maddy going missing.

Comment

Working...
                      X