• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JSA claim - hmm bit different this time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Cojak banned him - I updated the thread. In this instance, I felt the thread properly belonged in General.

I don't think there's anything immoral about getting money out of the system if you've a legal entitlement and you've paid plenty of money into the system. I just couldn't be bothered with the paperwork.

In order for me to get the Swiss unemployment benefit, I'd have to shut my company down. As it costs a few thou. to set up, it's not done lightly.
    The point being that PC was abusing the professional forum to avoid being called a ******* moron. Such a post may be deemed to be in General and abused accordingly, no matter what artificial wrapper they are hidden within.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Cojak banned him - I updated the thread. In this instance, I felt the thread properly belonged in General.

I don't think there's anything immoral about getting money out of the system if you've a legal entitlement and you've paid plenty of money into the system. I just couldn't be bothered with the paperwork.

In order for me to get the Swiss unemployment benefit, I'd have to shut my company down. As it costs a few thou. to set up, it's not done lightly.
      The problem is that technically he needs to do the same here. He is a director of a company and therefore is not unemployed. He can resign as a director but unless someone else takes over the rule that would be impossible or he could close the company down.

Either way unless he is contracting via an umbrella he cannot legally claim this money without telling white lies....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        The problem is that technically he needs to do the same here. He is a director of a company and therefore is not unemployed. He can resign as a director but unless someone else takes over the rule that would be impossible or he could close the company down.

Either way unless he is contracting via an umbrella he cannot legally claim this money without telling white lies....
        Fair point. But they'll be foul black lies.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Interesting. I do hope he gets done for attempted fraud.

I went for a spell without work. still paid myself a salary didn't claim JSA or anything else.

No sympathy really.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Morally it seems unreasonable to claim JSA if we have tens of thousands in the company.

If it is legal then its repugnant and the law should be changed. There are more deserving people out there.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Is it also morally repugnant to use the NHS? What with all our money, surely we should all go private, freeing up NHS resources for those who really need them.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Fortunately, that's cobblers (I know this is General, but still). The test is not whether you're unemployed, the test is whether you have an income. You can be employed working up to 16 hours a week and still claim JSA; you can certainly be a director of a company and claim it, assuming being a director of a company doesn't take up more than 16 hours a week of your time. No lies are required.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Fortunately, that's cobblers (I know this is General, but still). The test is not whether you're unemployed, the test is whether you have an income. You can be employed working up to 16 hours a week and still claim JSA; you can certainly be a director of a company and claim it, assuming being a director of a company doesn't take up more than 16 hours a week of your time. No lies are required.
                  Hang on you can work for 16 hours and still get JSA? That means you can earn £99 a week and claim another £71? No wonder certain people don't search for work...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    Funny, wasn't NLUK banned for saying exactly the same thing as OG did? You would probably know, since you updated the "Who's been banned" thread.
                    To be fair I have used all my get out of jail cards up long ago so it's straight on the list for me now. Everyone has a bit of slack to be used, I just used all mine already
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                      Is it also morally repugnant to use the NHS? What with all our money, surely we should all go private, freeing up NHS resources for those who really need them.
                      there is a hell of a difference between a universal medical provision which we all pay for and are entitled to and a provision of a safety net for the needy.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X