• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

JSA claim - hmm bit different this time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You are self employed. A company you own employs you, ergo you employ yourself.

Nice avatar NLUK, did you do it yourself?
    Nope. Incorrect.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Well, I've had enough of him cowering behind the professional forums. It's an abuse.

He's a ******* moron. Can we get this moved to General please, mods?
      OG - About time you realised that I dont care what a loser like you thinks mate.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
        "IT" is not an occupation. Programmer, Tester, etc are occupations.

You're arguing about signing up to their job search website?

You're not self-employed.

You've been laid off due to lack of work. Fine, if your wife is a director get her to sign it.
        Agree with all....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Nope. Incorrect.
          I'm sure she'll record you as having an intellectual disability and unable to work. Even ATOS won't get through that in your case.

Comment

OG - About time you realised that I dont care what a loser like you thinks mate.....
            Can I remind you of the professional forum standards please? http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...al-forums.html

Comment

I am confused about this.
              Are you allowed to claim JSA?

Are you no longer employed by your company, or are you "on the bench"?

I didn't think directors of LTDs could claim such things. Have you wound up your company?

I thought contractors were supposed to build a war-chest.
              Forgive the intrusiveness, but how long since your last contract?

Comment

Originally posted by evilagent View Post

I didn't think directors of LTDs could claim such things. Have you wound up your company?

A couple of weeks IIRC.

Comment

I think you can claim contribution based allowance regardless of warchest. JSA cannot be backdated so it is best to get in there early on. I claimed it for a couple of months when I was made redundant, never got around to it since.

Comment

There was a thread about this a while ago - NLUK would tell you to use the search function. IIRC, yes you can claim, without winding up the company, for reason of being temporarily laid off. Whether or not you have a warchest has no bearing on your claim, unless your warchest is over £16K.

Certainly, the fact that you may have 6 months worth of living expenses saved away shouldn't stop you claiming. It's the crap you have to go through for JSA that might stop you claiming. I've had to do it twice after being made redundant from permie jobs and hated it.

Comment

Nope. Incorrect.
                      Saying so don't make it so. We all know damn well 90%+ of us are self-employed, working through a Ltd company setup for reasons of practicality/necessity. For all intensive purposes you are self employed, certainly as far as JSA are concerned.

Printing yourself some business cards which say you're a big-shot company director doesn't fool anyone. Even you. If you don't answer "I run a company" or "I'm a company director" when someone at the tennis club/pub/BBQ/dinner party asks you "what do you do" then you don't believe it either.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X