• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is wrong with me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Positive Attachment View Post
    The book is called Homecoming by John Bradshaw.

I guess he did win 24 WWE championships, so we should listen to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post

I guess he did win 24 WWE championships, so we should listen to him.
      Yep, I suspected it was a gay theme.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Dude, you seriously expect me to take any of that seriously?

You've never met me and yet assume you know more about me than my counselor did?

On your bike pal.
        You made your counselor read all your 12,674 posts???

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I refer the honourable lady to my earlier post.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            No, just 1 son (being pedantic there ) Even while he was growing up, he's now 21, I was on the road a lot but made time out to talk to him and see him. I did a long contract down near Munich where I rented a second apartment and around once a month the family would come and stay with me for a weekend if I wasn't home (I had callout for that one.) Frau D. is always coming to stay with me when she has free days and Junior D. (when he was younger) would sometimes come along. Its basically what you make of it and for them it was like having a mini holiday and I would get to see them. I treat all the working away from home like holidays except there's some work thrown in which helps to pay for them and I've now been to a heck of a lot of countries, seen a lot of sights, met a lot of people and made new friends, had a lot of experience which hopefully has helped not only me but the family. As I've said, its what you make of it and not what it makes of you...
            Hear, hear.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Suity, PM me your email address and I'll send you an ebook copy of

What's Wrong with Me - The Frustrated Patient's Guide to Getting an Accurate Diagnosis; L Dannheisser et al (McGraw-Hill, 2005)
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Sorry to interrupt the flow of comedy here, but seriously, IBS hit me gradually from late 40s on. I reckon it's a combination of age and stress. It got to the point where I started to worry about going out unless I knew where the next loo was. Food I could eat when younger with impunity started to disagree with me. I would try:

cutting right back on gluten, especially from white bread, and excess sugar of all kinds. You may have been able to eat gluten happily all your life but I find your digestion changes as you hit middle age. You don't have to go completely gluten free necessarily, just avoid lots of it.

You could try avoiding mixing carbs and meat in the ssame meal. Works for me in avoiding bloating.

You can get peppermint oil capsules over the counter, these worked for me really well almost immediately.

Ordinary over the counter diahrrhoea tablets also helped if it got bad.

I also had some really nasty indigestion which was stress related and the GP gave me Omeprazole which not only sorted the stomach but lower down improved too. If you are getting indigestion worth asking for this.

Personally I would try some of this before heading to the doc as they tend to send you off for tests at the drop of a hat without trying much else first. Of course if you have other symptoms like bleeding that would be different.

The other thing worth considering - I get some of the symptoms you describe - feeling fluish, as though having a mild temperature, especially - when I have done too much screen work, especially in the evenings. If you are on a screen all day I suggest avoiding it as much as poss in the evenings and try to ensure you get proper breaks in the day too.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

When you say 'counsellor' are we sure he doesn't mean 'councillor' and thats he's really worried about the state of dog mess around his council home?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I suspect it's https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-v...tigue_syndrome

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      I do hope your Dad's peepers can read a number plate from 20 metres.

Otherwise I'll wait until the coast is clear before driving in the area...
                      Bit off thread, but my old lady has macular degeneration which makes it difficult to see what's right in front of her - she can read words because you don't look at the individual letters, but struggles with numbers - she is therefore registered as partially sighted

A couple of years ago (in her late eighties) she was still driving, you should have seen the look on people's faces when she pulled up in the supermarket in her Golf GTi and got out carrying the white stick...

Comment

Working...
                      X