• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bobs and hocking flem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
    I've met onshorers with qualifications falling out of their a** who turned out to have less skill than first-year computer scientists. I'm not sure if their qualifications are bogus or just not worth the paper they're written on.
    Thats just it they aint genuine. Guy from india told he had a driving license in india but he was stil learning here - his indian license was 'paid for' like all certificates in india.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Thats just it they aint genuine. Guy from india told he had a driving license in india but he was stil learning here - his indian license was 'paid for' like all certificates in india.

A driving test in India lasts 2 minutes and involves driving around the town centre once. Also some kind of bribe.

God knows why they decided to allow them to drive here without additional testing.

Having said that, if you ever drive in New Delhi and come out alive you can drive in any part of the world.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
        At one contract I was constantly being told: "We kicked your a**es out of our country". Also, anyone there with a physical disability was referred to as a "bad person". Attitudes like that can stay in India.
        Whereas our desire to kick them out of OUR country is just fine?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Bobs and hocking flem

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
          A driving test in India lasts 2 minutes and involves driving around the town centre once. Also some kind of bribe.

God knows why they decided to allow them to drive here without additional testing.

Having said that, if you ever drive in New Delhi and come out alive you can drive in any part of the world.
          Indians are allowed one year on their Foreign licence from date of first entry before having to take a test here. The number who think going home resets the year clock, get pulled, therefore criminal conviction therefore ilr refused.

There is some payback...!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Whereas our desire to kick them out of OUR country is just fine?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              So basically its imported "slave" labour. Granted they are being paid a "wage" but as they cannot leave they are stuck on the pay they were first offered with no means of improving it elsewhere.

Who on earth came up with this plan and let it throw. Yes I know its the same Labour Government that allowed 10million eastern Europeans in to keep minimum wages low but didn't they think (this is sarcasm by the way).
              their normal game plan is to stay long enough to gain "indefinite leave to remain". although this is "supposed" to be being stopped for new ICT visa entrants most ICT visa entrants already here continue to be entitled to ILR if they stay a few years here legally. Once they get ILR the can work for any employer and another 2 years in the country entitles them to a British passport. Hence the ICT visa numbers quoted by the government always downplay the reality of the numbers and 1 those already here on ICT from previous years are not included and 2 those given ILR or British citizenship are not counted. to say nothing of the spouse (given unrestricted rights to work from day one) and children also gaining ILR and British citizenship.

Its a flood of people.

The other trick is to "pair" two ICT entrants, and one does X months here while his buddy does same job in India, then they swap carry on then swap back and so on. So permanetly depriving a Brit of a job while doing it on short term visas all the time. This is explicitly not allowed by the rules but there are tens of thousands of them doing it and not one has ever gone to court...

Comment

Question, how much of the Bob-ness is London-centred? One company I worked at up North tried using Tata as a test before canning the idea but that was ~10 people in an office of 150. I've not seen them anywhere else I worked and you very rarely see any Indian folks in town.

So is it endemic to the City or to the big cities, or what?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Question, how much of the Bob-ness is London-centred? One company I worked at up North tried using Tata as a test before canning the idea but that was ~10 people in an office of 150. I've not seen them anywhere else I worked and you very rarely see any Indian folks in town.

I've seen it in Bristol, Exeter and Slough companies.

Comment

Glasgow and Edinburgh are filled with bob sites.

Comment

Nope, currently working in back of nowhere. Not many at my client, but driving in, 80% of the pedestrians walking from station towards the main business park are bobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X