• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bobs and hocking flem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots in Bradford as well as the locals
    Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Question, how much of the Bob-ness is London-centred? One company I worked at up North tried using Tata as a test before canning the idea but that was ~10 people in an office of 150. I've not seen them anywhere else I worked and you very rarely see any Indian folks in town.

So is it endemic to the City or to the big cities, or what?
      Its big on all big BT sites (one of the early adopters of bobs) so Ipswich, London, and so on.

Its big in the M4 corridor.

Its big inside IBM.

Its big in the banks.

and so on and so on.

Comment

Comparison

Is it easy to tell the difference between a Bob who's just got off the boat to an Asian who was born and brought up here (apart from accent, that is)?

Comment

Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
          Is it easy to tell the difference between a Bob who's just got off the boat to an Asian who was born and brought up here (apart from accent, that is)?
          By a blinkin mile. There's no cultural or language or other superficial difference between British-born ethic minorities and indigenous British people.

In fact I am well aware of many British born Indians who feel exactly the same way as any other local when it comes to Bob and the gang. And why wouldn't they? They are affected in the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            By a blinkin mile. There's no cultural or language or other superficial difference between British-born ethic minorities and indigenous British people.

In fact I am well aware of many British born Indians who feel exactly the same way as any other local when it comes to Bob and the gang. And why wouldn't they? They are affected in the same way.
            Most people treat Bob with at least superficial civility. I've come across two people who seemed bent on being as unpleasant as possible to bob - putting him down at every opportunity and generally behaving like arses - both were British born Indians. I don't know if this is common.

Comment

I had a couple of Indian fellows rent a flat I have - they seemed ok.

More fool me, place was trashed, filthy, solicitors letters for unpaid bills, 6 people living in a 2 bed flat, everthing was wrecked - light switches! taps, door handles everything - this was after only 8 months.

They lied about everthing after the first month - these guys turned out to be arrogant a-holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
                A Bob isn't an Indian, it's an Indian who is working in/for a UK company.

Why on earth would an Indian brought up in Britain be different than a white or black person brought up here? Surely you're not suggesting racial characteristics?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
                  I had a couple of Indian fellows rent a flat I have - they seemed ok.
                  I've never rented out a flat but I assume it's straightforward for a foreign national to lie and say they've had no previous landlords in this country and this would not be checked up on. If their English was so bad you'd probably believe they were new arrivals. Thus is it easy for these same guys to do the same to another landlord without their past catching up with them? If they are evicted and don't pay their rent, is it easy to do the same?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    A Bob isn't an Indian, it's an Indian who is working in/for a UK company.

Why on earth would an Indian brought up in Britain be different than a white or black person brought up here? Surely you're not suggesting racial characteristics?
                    You have to understand, in my neck of the woods we dont see many Bobs - the people who are different here are the ones with only 5 fingers :-) How you people can swim without proper webbing, we Norfolk people will never understand.

Comment

Anyway most of those whose vehemence is directed against bobs are right - in that if you are of mediocre intellectual talent, then bob will eat you for breakfast.
                      If you are as good as some of you claim to be you shouldn't be scared of bobs.
                      But judging by the interactions I've had on this forum most of you are right to be scared.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X