• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bobs and hocking flem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A Bob isn't an Indian, it's an Indian who is working in/for a UK company.

Why on earth would an Indian brought up in Britain be different than a white or black person brought up here? Surely you're not suggesting racial characteristics?
    You have to understand, in my neck of the woods we dont see many Bobs - the people who are different here are the ones with only 5 fingers :-) How you people can swim without proper webbing, we Norfolk people will never understand.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      If you are as good as some of you claim to be you shouldn't be scared of bobs.
      Unfortunately those who make the decision to offshore a department's work are often those unable to judge technical ability nor productivity; I hope for their sake they're getting a hefty kickback.

Otherwise I completely agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
        Unfortunately those who make the decision to offshore a department's work are often those unable to judge technical ability nor productivity; I hope for their sake they're getting a hefty kickback.

Otherwise I completely agree.
        Good people will always have roles.
        That's because good people make a big difference in one way or another.
        Mediocrities are just bums on seats, so may as well get a cheaper bob.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

That's business.

Comment

Bobs do grunt roles in banks: ETL and Data Migration , though a few BAs are popping up.

I don't compete with them but they are involved in the projects I do.

They are a bit like kids doing work experience. You don't expect much out of them, you don't let them loose on anything critical.

I always have a Plan B if I'm dependent on Bob output.

Comment

Talking of which, you still looking for another seat and relying on wifie's allowance or are things looking up in the janitor field?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
                They are a bit like kids doing work experience. You don't expect much out of them, you don't let them loose on anything critical.
                At Mine Bobs produce critical reporting but then again, they are managed by a guy who graduated only last June. Cost cutting.
                If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

For the past 2 days I've had a bob either side of me and both stink. So much so I have been out and bought an air freshener thing that is now sat on my desk. It is practically under my nose, but their pits are winning!
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Send 'em an anonymous email, or better still, from a hotmail account in the name of their boss, telling them to shower more often

Comment

Just been told that the team I work in is moving so I only have to put up with the stench for another 2 weeks!
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X