• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cash missing... suspect cleaner... how to handle?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I apologise most profusely. Upon reading your posts, your ignorance on an enormous range of subjects comes to me as no surprise whatsoever. Your ignorance on religion is merely a consequence of your general ignorance.
    And don't you forget it.

I can type a thousand posts on any subject, two thousand if I know something about it*.

*estimation as this is yet to happen
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      And don't you forget it.

I can type a thousand posts on any subject, two thousand if I know something about it*.

*estimation as this is yet to happen
      sounds like test please delete is the thread for you.

Comment

UPDATE

Well I came up with the hi-tech solution of starting my iPad videoing, and propped it against a shelf as the cleaners arrived. I left my wallet on the living room table.

Looking through the video a few days later, I can clearly see one of them pick up the wallet and very obviously open it and rummage through. Not a casual open/look/close, but a thorough look through all the sections.

Now what? Two key points... 1)the wallet had no cash so she didn't actually get caught stealing, only going through it. 2)am I legally allowed to be videoing the cleaners in my own home?

I've little interest shopping her to the police anyway so the question is whether we just drop the company, or tell the owner why. The complication is that he prides himself on only hiring family or people he knows well and therefore trusts... I can't remember 100% but the culprit may even be his missus!
        On a practical level we owe a month's bills so confronting them gives me the opportunity not to pay but that's a fairly minor consideration.

Damnit.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why did you not put cash in it?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            UPDATE

Well I came up with the hi-tech solution of starting my iPad videoing, and propped it against a shelf as the cleaners arrived. I left my wallet on the living room table.

Looking through the video a few days later, I can clearly see one of them pick up the wallet and very obviously open it and rummage through. Not a casual open/look/close, but a thorough look through all the sections.

Now what? Two key points... 1)the wallet had no cash so she didn't actually get caught stealing, only going through it. 2)am I legally allowed to be videoing the cleaners in my own home?

I've little interest shopping her to the police anyway so the question is whether we just drop the company, or tell the owner why. The complication is that he prides himself on only hiring family or people he knows well and therefore trusts... I can't remember 100% but the culprit may even be his missus!
            On a practical level we owe a month's bills so confronting them gives me the opportunity not to pay but that's a fairly minor consideration.

Damnit.
            Difficult one as she didn't actually steal anything.

If you believe she is dishonest, then you should definitely tell the company. Next time it could be a pensioner's savings.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Difficult one as she didn't actually steal anything.

If you believe she is dishonest, then you should definitely tell the company. Next time it could be a pensioner's savings.
              Obviously I need no reason to stop using the company, but aside from maybe getting some money back by not paying, wouldn't the owner want to know?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Why no cash in it?! Try again maybe?

I'd give her the chance to pay up what she has stolen (and more as a lesson), or she could pay for it in other ways...
                Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Don't sack her yet. Leave your wallet lying around again, this time with a note saying "Why are you looking in my wallet?".
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    wouldn't the owner want to know?
                    If it was my business, I would want to know.

There was no need for her to open your wallet, perhaps she was just curious but I doubt it.

Comment

Tell the company. The cleaner is in a position of trust, and has breached that trust; they should have the book thrown at them. Even though you can't really make a complaint to the police on the evidence you have, there's no harm in implying that you could do so, but are being the nice guy by letting the business owner deal with it himself.

It'll be funny if it is his wife

Comment

Working...
                      X