• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muslims stirring it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To side-track a bit, does anyone know if any major world religions don't GAS about sexuality? I'm under the impression that Islam and Judaism are in roughly the same boat as the traditional Christian view but I could be wrong... and what about Buddhism, Sikhism, etc?

Anyone know?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      To side-track a bit, does anyone know if any major world religions don't GAS about sexuality? I'm under the impression that Islam and Judaism are in roughly the same boat as the traditional Christian view but I could be wrong... and what about Buddhism, Sikhism, etc?

Anyone know?
      To the best of my knowledge all religions oppose it in one way or another. Obviously you have the modern reformists but the religions don't condone it.

Comment

You don't think it's a tiny bit arrogant to tell a religion you know what their holy book means better than they do?
        I suggest you have a religious discussion with more than one Church of England Vicar and if you are lucky you may be able to have a discussion with a Rabbi, Imam or another religions' religious scholar. They don't tend to take their Holy Book(s) literally.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Anyone know?
          By "traditional" Christian view I presume you mean Catholicism? All the other Christian denominations are young in comparison.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Anyone know?
            Don't Islam, Christianity and Judaism all have roots in the OT? That would explain their similar outlook upon things mentioned there.

Not sure on Buddism or Sikhism, although I do know that if you are rioting you had better stay away from Sikh temples.
            Last edited by MyUserName; 21 December 2012, 13:52. Reason: Removed a random word that had muscled it's way in
            "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

You don't think it's a tiny bit arrogant to tell a religion you know what their holy book means better than they do?

I like that. But Stonewall aren't really known for their live and let live approach, if nobody cared they'd not have jobs any more!

Don't be confused. Hawk doesn't give a damn about gay people and their rights, it's just an opportunity to cause trouble on their behalf. I'm sure any gay people on CUK wish he'd shut up as much as the rest of us

That seems a pretty apathetic and rather depressing way to live. Put yourself in your little box, don't give a damn about anything or anyone else. We should accept school shootings, paedophiles and so on to avoid "being unhappy"? Isn't it a good thing if things make you unhappy so that you want to do something about it?

[note I am not saying we should be 'doing something about gay people', just tying onto that thread of thought]
              What a cretin; you know nothing about my beliefs, and what I stand for, and you use the term arrogant without any shame.

I find religion disgusting, and relgious people abhorent, for it is simply a way for intolerant people to hide behind a facade of so called respectibility. The true facts are coming out about absolute disrespect for other peoples lifestyle choices in the name of an invisible friend. Equality legislation is a perfect way to stop this vile hatred of other human beings.

You're filth d000hg, and that nw contractor fella, well, I am beyond stunned that people still hold these views today.

It's vile.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                What a cretin; you know nothing about my beliefs, and what I stand for, and you use the term arrogant without any shame.

I find religion disgusting, and relgious people abhorent, for it is simply a way for intolerant people to hide behind a facade of so called respectibility. The true facts are coming out about absolute disrespect for other peoples lifestyle choices in the name of an invisible friend. Equality legislation is a perfect way to stop this vile hatred of other human beings.

You're filth d000hg, and that nw contractor fella, well, I am beyond stunned that people still hold these views today.

It's vile.
                If you're not a sockie you really are a bit of an arse
                Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post

He's a sockie.

Still, you can see why people do it when you can get so much mileage out of doog.

Comment

Anyone know?
                    Yes.

Not a sin in Hinduism, Buddhism says you mustn't be attached to sex, nor crave it, so it's not either for or against it, Sikhs promote equality, and have nothing written down against it, Quakers, Episcopalians, the Metropolitan Community Church, the United Church of Christ, the United Church of Canada, Reform and Conservative Jews, Wiccans, Druids, Unitarian Universalists and Native American all support it (wiki).

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                      What for calling out homophobes?

Wow, and I'm the arse Lisa?

Comment

Working...
                      X