• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muslims stirring it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Great wedding ceremony where you say things you don't mean. Perhaps this is a reason people do feel divorce is more acceptable now, because they feel none of the vows actually mean anything - it's just part of the tradition.
    I cannot speak for the current attitudes to divorce. Personally, my vows were to her, not to her imaginary friend. We wrote our own vows and read them out.

If God has a problem with it, he is free to come down and tell me himself - he can do it when I am in church every Sunday if he wants.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Great wedding ceremony where you say things you don't mean. Perhaps this is a reason people do feel divorce is more acceptable now, because they feel none of the vows actually mean anything - it's just part of the tradition.
      Do you recall the vows? I do, and they were made to my wife, under the eyes of the lord, but they were made to my wife, no one else. I meant, and still mean, every word I said. The fact I said them in Church is the irrelevance to me. 17 years and still madly in love. All vows still maintained.

Comment

and?
        They will be forced to, or disband d000hg. The Catholics, Anglicans etc will soon tow the line when you take all their money off them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
          Do you recall the vows? I do, and they were made to my wife, under the eyes of the lord, but they were made to my wife, no one else. I meant, and still mean, every word I said. The fact I said them in Church is the irrelevance to me. 17 years and still madly in love. All vows still maintained.

Snap! Although I am at 7 years and not 17 yet.

Comment

Did you use the traditional one that says
            I, N , take you, N ,
            to be my wife,
            to have and to hold
            from this day forward;
            for better, for worse,
            for richer, for poorer,
            in sickness and in health,
            to love and to cherish,
            till death us do part;
            according to God's holy law.
            In the presence of God I make this vow.
            They will be forced to, or disband d000hg. The Catholics, Anglicans etc will soon tow the line when you take all their money off them.
            Except as I already said:
            1)They won't say it's because of sexuality, they will simply say they don't want to do the wedding
            2)The churches where people are actually meeting and worshipping are not the established churches. They don't have money, they don't make money from weddings, etc.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Did you use the traditional one that says

Except as I already said:
              1)They won't say it's because of sexuality, they will simply say they don't want to do the wedding
              2)The churches where people are actually meeting and worshipping are not the established churches. They don't have money, they don't make money from weddings, etc.
              Yes, made that one.

Means nothing to me, under gods holy law, for their are no laws he wrote, as far as I am concerned, I could have thought at the time, under laws written by Alvin and the Chipmunks and it would have made the same difference. Also, as he wasn't actually there, I didn't say anything in his presence as far as I am aware.

Now for the other parts:

#1 - They can't say they don't want to do it. They can't say it, as it would restrict religious freedom, and also, are you telling me people of the cloth lie? I guess that covers the question 'have you been at the youth choir again Cardinal'. What you are saying, is, I believe, is just saying they'll lie to perpetuate your argument; I am sure were they found to lie, they would be in serious tulip.

#2 - No idea what you mean there sport. I would have thought the money was in the churches where they do meet and worship. Please expand on this, for, currently, it doesn't make sense.

Make no mistake if they are forced, by law, to marry same sex couples (which is what they are suggesting), to refuse would be foolish, for they'd cease to exist after a while.

Comment

It genuinely is going to be funny seeing all of the bombast and hatred that is going to come out, and it couldn't happen to people more qualified. I genuinely can't wait. I really hope it's the end of religion as we know it.
                You think the EU is bigger the Roman Catholic Church? I don't see the RC church marrying gay people in Spain, which legalised gay marriage. More likely to be the end of the EU, which is hardly on a strong foundation to start with.

Comment

#1 - They can't say they don't want to do it. They can't say it, as it would restrict religious freedom
                  Of course they can. Religious freedom doesn't mean you can demand any religion will perform their sacred ceremonies on you. They can refuse if they don't think you are of their faith, or for many other reasons.

#2 - No idea what you mean there sport. I would have thought the money was in the churches where they do meet and worship. Please expand on this, for, currently, it doesn't make sense.
                  You seem to be under the impression churches are full of money. While this may be true for CofE/RC (though I am never really sure if it is) independent churches get ALL of their money from the people attending. They don't rely on money to run, beyond the minimum to hire a sports hall once a week or something. They don't exist to get money to because of money, so the only way they lose money anyway is if people stop attending, and if the congregation agree with the church's position on the matter, if anything they'll be more generous to support a cause they believe in.

Comment

You think the EU is bigger the Roman Catholic Church? I don't see the RC church marrying gay people in Spain, which legalised gay marriage. More likely to be the end of the EU, which is hardly on a strong foundation to start with.
                    Yes, I do. Do you know why, the last time I looked, the RCC wasn't law making, and the EU were. That's an acutely simple thing to say. The EU has pretty much started on the road to complete political and financial integration. Man, I am surprised you've even thought that the RCC would wield more power than a collection of powerful western government.

For your Spain, I give you Denmark, where same sex couples have the right to marry in any church of their choice. The Spanish vote has only just come out of appeal, so expect challenges soon. I'd also say look up the rest of the bordic countries, and, amusingly, south and central american countries too; all legalising marriage between same sex couples; the church is increasingly losing it's power, even in it's traditionally strong areas.

Jeez, you make me laugh

Comment

Then the correct course of action would be a EU law to be passed which formally and legally removes the link between religion and marriage.

Comment

Working...
                      X