• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muslims stirring it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    What actually happened with gentile?

I think I missed the final shakedown.
    PM to admin - threatening legal action? permaban.

I am amazed you did not see "cuk the soap" episode 1,236,432 where this was all explained. Do try to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Yep, I understand religious objections. But the vast majority of people are not, or are only nominally, religious.

Marriage is what you make it - a gay couple getting married does not affect the relationship between you and your partner.
      Yep, my only reservation is that no one should be forced to conduct the ceremony, which I don't think a same sex couple would want anyway. Figuratively speaking the sight of a priest with a gun to his head doesn't make for a happy day. I foresee, long term, a split in the CofE and a drift to the RCC which will never countenance such a ceremony. States may try and force it, but ultimately they will fail. They won't even give sanction to condoms or abortion from rape etc. The RC is very conscious of it's inheritance, it is the see of St Peter from whom it gets it's authority.
      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
        *sigh* if only someone had told him that he would not have gaffed and said "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil".

But like I said the bible is the big book of multiple choice, people derive morals from their youthful influences, their peers, their society and personal experience and then pick bits of the bible that match.

Very few Christians actually read the bible, most simply have bits spoonfed to them every Sunday.

Jesus translated
        I know Jesus
        IMO anyone who sees the bible/koran/other religious books as the answer to what's right and what's wrong and what is and what isn't has missed the point of said religions existing in the first place.

The amount of death, destruction and suffering based on people fighting over who's truth is "the truth" is shocking and the originators of said religions would most probably be horrified at what's happened in thier names..

I saw a poster on the side of a bus the other day that makes a very good point - it said:

Some people are gay - get over it

If you can't accept the way the world is then you're just going make yourslef very unhappy resisting what is - and probably make other people unhappy while you're at it.

Do you think banning gay marriage will stop people from being gay?
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          Do you think banning gay marriage will stop people from being gay?
          Well, gay marriage was banned and people were still gay - hence it is now legal.

Did you actually look at the YouTube links I provided?
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Well, gay marriage was banned and people were still gay - hence it is now legal.

Did you actually look at the YouTube links I provided?
            Blocked at clientco sorry
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              What actually happened with gentile?

I think I missed the final breakdown.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Blocked at clientco sorry
                Rats, have a look if you get the chance they are very funny and come along with specific biblical references.

The translation of Jesus is great. A guy goes back in time to when Jesus is giving his sermon and stands there explaining what Jesus 'really' meant.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Rats, have a look if you get the chance they are very funny and come along with specific biblical references.

The translation of Jesus is great. A guy goes back in time to when Jesus is giving his sermon and stands there explaining what Jesus 'really' meant.
                  I'll sneak a look on my ipad if I get a chance

Comment

I think we're getting to the nitty gritty here

Homophobes throughout the church and religion.

OK, thats fine and soon sorted out.

Comment

Superb links.

Comment

Working...
                      X