• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Could have a black James Bond next....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTOH since the job of an actor is to play someone they're not, and looking at how well some English actors are at American roles, who knows!

It would have to be a remarkable actor though, because otherwise why take the risk. Same with a black actor really.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile
      Stuff
      Yup agreed I guess. Whatever they do people will love it or loath it as they do everytime they change something but at the end of the day they don't care as long as it gets people through the door spending their cash. I guess those people will enjoy the film as well whatever.

Just have take my grumpy northern ass home and get over it I guess.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        OTOH since the job of an actor is to play someone they're not, and looking at how well some English actors are at American roles, who knows!

It would have to be a remarkable actor though, because otherwise why take the risk. Same with a black actor really.
        That's just to our ears, I think. Whenever I see a Brit attempting an American accent I often wonder if they sound as unwittingly inauthentic to real Septics as most people attempting a Glaswegian accent do to Jocks.

Comment

Bond: ‘Hello, my name is James St. John Smythe. I'm English.’

Stacey Sutton: ‘I never would have guessed.’

Bond 'Dont diss me Ho. or I pop a cap in yo white mutherfckin ass'

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

And, whilst we're on the subject, may I just say that Edward Woodward wouldn't have given a wooden performance if they would have given him the role in his youth. He would have wooed the audience.

OK, I'll stop now.

Comment

How about an outsourced BOB Bond. There could be most interesting doings
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                How about an outsourced BOB Bond. There could be most interesting doings
                You are now in a Q.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                  You are now in a Q.
                  "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to speling bee again."

Comment

Bond has to be a white posh bloke, it's part of the character.

You wouldn't have a white John Shaft.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      Bond has to be a white posh bloke, it's part of the character.

You wouldn't have a white John Shaft.
                      tis true.

or a woman. Jane Bond . noooooooooooooo

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X