• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fraudulent Timesheet – Help and advice required.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming the post is genuine, if you do nothing then you are breaking the law by assisting in this fraud. Doing nothing is assisting.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Just to give you the conclusion to this sorry tale.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...got-fired.html

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
        What are you banging on about? Try to make some sense.

All Im saying is, time sheets are not proof enough. If you know other people fiddle their sheets and it is so widespread that the tulip could hit the fan, protect yourself for minimal further work by keeping supporting evidence to back up the facts that you havent fiddled your hours.

In a company with hundreds fiddling their hours, how does anyone investigating know you've been completely honest based soley on your timesheets only.

Quite simple really. We arent talking about hollywood or any other fantasy in your head, we're talking about covering your own arse. I can tell you've never been arrested or questioned because saying "Im telling you the truth" doesnt work.
        Hate to say this, but a signed timesheet is a legally binding document between the Contractor, Client and the agency. If the contractor raises an invoice against the signed timesheet and the client pays the invoice, then that within itself is evidence that the client is wholey satisfied that the work completed is to their satisfaction.

Taking screenshots of Event logs is not evidence within itself as one can inject fake event logs in order to give the illusion that something has taken place. It's a non starter and probably won't stand up in court. If you believe Event Logs will stand up in court, good luck to you, but I wouldn't suggest a career as a digital forensics officer for you.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          ...I have been approached once in my time as a contractor. I put down my butty, looked him in the eye and said 'no, I dont think so' put my coat on and walked out. I didnt even log off.
          You're making it up. No way would you have walked out without your butty.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
            Hate to say this, but a signed timesheet is a legally binding document between the Contractor, Client and the agency. If the contractor raises an invoice against the signed timesheet and the client pays the invoice, then that within itself is evidence that the client is wholey satisfied that the work completed is to their satisfaction.

Taking screenshots of Event logs is not evidence within itself as one can inject fake event logs in order to give the illusion that something has taken place. It's a non starter and probably won't stand up in court. If you believe Event Logs will stand up in court, good luck to you, but I wouldn't suggest a career as a digital forensics officer for you.
            Another thing, how will you prove the event logs came from that system, especially if the given system is subsequently wiped clean and rebuilt for reuse? I can easily build a system and call it by the same system at work, change the clock time and clear the event logs and then log on, do a few things, log off, change the time, log on, delete individual event logs, etc. etc. Getting print screens of event logs is not forensically safe and will probably be thrown out of court, unless you have the actual event log exported and with the appropriate MD5 Hash along with a report from a SIEM / Log management system, which is also supplimented with a MD5 Hash. It is unlikely you will get the latter if you get frog marched out the building.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              Another thing, how will you prove the event logs came from that system, especially if the given system is subsequently wiped clean and rebuilt for reuse? I can easily build a system and call it by the same system at work, change the clock time and clear the event logs and then log on, do a few things, log off, change the time, log on, delete individual event logs, etc. etc. Getting print screens of event logs is not forensically safe and will probably be thrown out of court, unless you have the actual event log exported and with the appropriate MD5 Hash along with a report from a SIEM / Log management system, which is also supplimented with a MD5 Hash. It is unlikely you will get the latter if you get frog marched out the building.
              It's even more ridiculous than that.
              You are sat at your desk for 40 hours in the week. There is nothing to do.
              But the pm will keep you on indefinately , provided you give him a bung.

and somehow having a petrol receipt will protect you in court.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                It's even more ridiculous than that.
                You are sat at your desk for 40 hours in the week. There is nothing to do.
                But the pm will keep you on indefinately , provided you give him a bung.

and somehow having a petrol receipt will protect you in court.

You have a fair point.

Comment

I think the OP is bobshawadiwadi's sockie.

Comment

Also..

IF the OP is 'Bob', then the customer is probably in on it too, and their customer, and their customer.

It's pretty endemic over there by all accounts.

Comment

Working...
                    X