• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sick of IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    depends on if you are lucky to work in the right market which hasn't changed
    I'm not
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      I'm not
      well, I'm on the bench, having left the right market

Hopefully they'll sort out that interview rearranngment in the new year
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Interesting how this thread has got so many posts in such a short time seems like im not the only one sick of IT

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
          Interesting how this thread has got so many posts in such a short time seems like im not the only one sick of IT
          Given that almost every post is telling you you're wrong in virtually everything you say and believe, you're making quite a leap of imagination to conclude that people agree with your original premise

Comment

IT's great.
            Pays my bills.

All things move in cycles, first manufacturing went offshore, then IT,
            look what's happening to manufacturing.
            http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/ar...53946&ito=1565

Stick around and see what comes back next.

RS

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
              IT's great.
              Pays my bills.

RS
              UK call centres?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Given that almost every post is telling you you're wrong in virtually everything you say and believe, you're making quite a leap of imagination to conclude that people agree with your original premise
                Perhaps this is why IT is too complex for the OP
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                  IT's great.
                  Pays my bills.

RS
                  And long may it continue.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Great...here I am with my son sitting my lap as I type this - with not a single bit of work! I finished off a project end of November and have been sitting around for three weeks twiddling thumbs - This time of year is a dead time to find work as everyone is off. I'll get some more work in the new year I'm sure -- I network quite a bit.

Yeah okay so IT ain't the best place right now - it was when I graduated all those years ago. These days its all about having a niche skillset, find what you like to do and what you're good at and exploit that in a niche area...say like oh...Integration or CRM customisation or something. Most SME I know don't offshore - they just don't have the personnel to invest in managing that situation. Have you tried that segment at all.

Not sure what the big deal with Manchester is. Fine for single people I think. Once you have a family its time to move away.

Poverty is relative. I know someone who has no money at all - is £40K in debt and yet still blows cash on Wii, Playstation and a HD plasma recently. And she claims to have no money and is constantly begging money off her parents.

As long as you have that flashy car, flashy apartment and spend that £50 a week on booze - you ain't poor.

and oh yes....happy new year everyone!
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      Perhaps this is why IT is too complex for the OP
                      You can learn everything you need to know from the book I just bought, Zippy recommended it to me.

Bluff your way in Computers

It's excellent

Comment

Working...
                      X